Research Foundation CUNY Proposal Peer Review Service
The Office of Award Pre-Proposal Support (APPS) provides service to the University's grant-seeking community. This is an opportunity for CUNY faculty to receive constructive feedback on the competitiveness of their external grant proposals from colleagues in their own academic field. These proposal peer reviewers are recruited from inside the CUNY community, across the nation, and worldwide.
This initiative first launched as a limited pilot in 2016 and accommodated all NSF and some NIH grants. Now, APPS is excited to announce that Proposal Peer Review has been upgraded and expanded, and welcomes proposals from all different academic disciplines, for all different funder types. This new service particularly emphasizes support for developing grants to all NSF programs, all NIH programs, and all Department of Education (DoE) programs that make awards to individual faculty. But federal agencies are not the only focus—applications to private foundations, corporations, and state/local government programs are also encouraged.
In addition, the new Proposal Peer Review features a more streamlined, user-friendly interface with fewer steps to quickly submit your proposal or provide reviewer critiques.
We strongly encourage you to visit Research Foundation CUNY Proposal Peer Review to either submit your grant proposal for peer feedback or to sign up as a reviewer.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Writing Resources
- Learn How to Write a Strong Application
- Develop Your Budget
- Format Attachments
- Page Limits
- Data Tables
- Reference Letters
- Biosketch Format Pages, Instructions and Samples
- NIH Grant Writing Workshops (recordings):
- How to Up Your Grant Writing Skills (Part 1) - 7/07/21
- Your Research Strategy (Part 2) - 7/14/21
- Budget, Biosketches, Abstract, Facilities, and the Title (Part 3) - 7/21/21
National Science Foundation (NSF) Writing Resources
- Biographical Sketch
- Current and Pending Support
- SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae is A researcher profile system for all individuals who apply for, receive or are associated with research investments from federal agencies.
- NSF Approved Format - (Recorded 4/9/20)
Corporation for Public Broadcasting
Grant Proposal Writing Tips
Candid (Formerly Foundation Center)
Institute for Museum & Library Services
IMLS Sample Applications
Provides sample proposals for the organization's grant programs, including Conversation Project Support grants; the Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program; the Museums for America program; and National Leadership Grants.