Queensborough’s Student Email System
Microsoft Office 365 offers 50 GB for message storage, Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote & Access), Web and mobile device support, and excellent email security.
All official communication from the College to students will be done only through Office 365.
Blackboard is a web-based platform that allows teachers to develop and deliver education. This platform provides a user-friendly way for teachers to place course materials, interactive and/or collaborative activities, and assessments into an password-protected online environment.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a video conferencing tool that lets you access real-time online sessions with your instructors. In Collaborate Ultra, you can add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact.
CUNYfirst (Fully Integrated Resources & Service Tool) is the name of CUNY's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project. It is an initiative to implement a single, unified ERP system on all of the CUNY campuses. CUNYfirst will play a key role in the transformation of the University and the promotion of an integrated CUNY. It is a suite of software that will replace aging computer systems overseeing Student Administration, Finance and Human Resources that have served CUNY for over a generation.
Current QCC and CUNY Students attending a CUNY College other than Queensborough should register via CUNYfirst. Advisement is not required, but we urge QCC students to make an appointment to speak with an adviser prior to registering.
ePortfolios - Digication
Office of Information Technology
The areas the Office of Information Technology is responsible for include:
- Technology leadership
- Campus Area Networking (wired and wireless)
- Internet connectivity and security
- Help Desk support for administrative and academic offices (non computer lab)
- CUNY Portal/CUNYfirst access, project management, training
- Server support of the College website
- Campus Email (Faculty/Staff and Student)
- Administrative production control and application development
- Production academic application support
- Quotes for all administrative computers, hardware and software
QCC Connect App
QCC Connect helps you stay connected to Queensborough Community College!
Everything you want to know about QCC is now at your fingertips.
Use the QCC Connect mobile app to:
- Discover the latest news and virtual events
- Receive alerts and announcements using push notifications
- View your course schedule
- Make an advisement appointment
- Access your Office 365 student email account
- View your TigerCard
- And more!
New features are being planned so check back often for the latest.
How to check your own Degree Audit
- Login into CUNYFirst
- Click on "Self Service"
- Click on "Student Center"
- On the right hand side, under "Advisement/Transcript", select "DegreeWorks-Online Advisement System"
The current CUNY Strategic Framework has identified online learning as an institutional priority. Accordingly, QCC has dedicated resources to support our evolving effort to provide partially and fully online learning opportunities for students.
The accounts you need:
- CUNYfirst (click the link to activate your CUNYfirst account)
- Blackboard - a learning management system used in CUNY where you can accessyour course materials if your professors use it.
- You need to claim your CUNYfirst account before you can log into Blackboard.
- Office 365 Email - you will receive all communications related to your courses and other academic matters through this email.
Starfish (Early Alert) is an early warning and student tracking system. It is a web based tool that helps you to identify at-risk students and then manage support efforts through meaningful contact between students and their advisers, tutors, and instructors. The system enables instructors to flag students that have not been attending or doing well in your lasses so that advisers can intervene on your behalf. Using this system will save you the time and effort you would normally spend trying to cotnact students yourselves. You may also write instructions in the comments sections if you want the advisers to have the students "see instructor" or "go to tutoring".
Technology Services at CUNY
There are many applications and services that are widely used by Faculty and Students across CUNY. Such applications are CUNY Cloud Virtual Desktop, CUNY Dropbox, McAfee anti-virus sofware and many others.
Academic Computing Center
The ACC provides a wide array of academic technology; including a large student computing lab, podia, laptops, mobile devices, media services; several venues to host student, faculty and staff workshops; virtual servers for online courseware hosting of videos and academic websites; and technical consulting for Queensborough’s academic community.
The ACC staff provide many services including individualized assistance to students and faculty, consulting for all academic technology related purchases, including hardware equipment and software specification, installation, repair, and related support.