Pivot is the universal search tool for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students to quickly discover the right funding opportunities and effectively collaborate with their colleagues.
How to Access Pivot
You’re able to set up a COS Pivot account from any campus-based computer, although you can also conduct basic searches from campus computers without setting up an account.
Benefits to setting up your account include being able to log in from any location and having access to tools for managing searches. If you’re a researcher, your account will also allow you to create or claim (in some cases, faculty profiles have already been created by Pivot) your profile.
If you had an account for the original version of COS, you can use the same username and password for Pivot. If not, you can take the following steps:
- Go to Create your Pivot Account
- Complete the required fields including the name of the subscribing institution
- Click the “Create my account” button
- You will receive a verification email at the email address entered in the account creation process, the email will include a link to Pivot.
- Your email address and the password your entered during account creation will be your Pivot username and password
We welcome any feedback you have on the new database and hope you find it to be useful. Don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information or if you have questions and best of luck finding exciting grant opportunities.