Rules and Regulations
- Gymnasium courts, and pool facilities are available to all students, faculty, staff, and Alumni Association members who present a valid ID card (CUNY OneCard) upon entrance to the building and/or facility.
- Proper attire must be worn: Gymnasium/gym attire – shirt, shorts or sweatpants and sneakers. Pool - nylon or Lycra swimsuit only (no shorts or cut-offs).
- Outside food or drink is not permitted in recreation areas.
- All activities are coeducational
- Books, coats bags or other personal belongings are not permitted in the facilities. Lockers are available on the lower levels, or cubbies in front of G-303.
- Clothes are to be changed in the locker rooms only.
- Continuing Education Classes: If you are enrolled in Continuing Education swimming classes, you can have access to Community Swim for an additional fee. Please contact the Continuing Education Office for more information.
- Classes and Varsity teams have priority over Recreation. During inclement weather and certain other circumstances, recreation may be cancelled.
- Before beginning physical activities, participants are advised to undergo medical examinations and follow the advice of their physicians.
Spring 2020 Recreation Program
February 3 to May 22, 2020
- Mondays from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in G-301
- Wednesday from 12 noon to 2 p.m. in G-301
- Thursday form 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in G-301
- Wednesday from 12 noon to 3 p.m. in the Pool
- Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. in the Pool
- Friday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Pool
- Monday from 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in G-303
- Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in G-303
- New Early Hours Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in G-303
- Wednesday *faculty/staff only* from 12 noon to 2 p.m. in G-305
- Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in G-303
- Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in G-303
- Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. in G-302
- Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in G-304
- Wednesday from 12 to 2 p.m. in G-302
By reservation only. 2 person minimum to be open. Sign up in room G 303.
- Wednesday from 12 to 2 p.m. at the Courts
By reservation only. Sign up in Room G303. Starts Sept 3, 2019
4 person minimum to be open and weather permitting!
Please note: All times are subject to change or cancellation.
No Recreation activities will not be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, February 12 2020
- Monday, February 17, 2020
- Wednesday, April 8 through Thursday, April 16, 2020 (Spring Break)
Spring 2020 Activity Series
All Activities are open to students, faculty and staff and are held on Wednesday’s at 12:00 – 1:00pm in the RFK Hall (activities are subject to change)
|March 4th||Stretch Class||Prof. Sue Garcia||304|
|March 11th||Aerobic/Circuit Class||Prof. Sue Garcia||304|
|March 25th||Weight Training||Prof. Sue Garcia||304|
|April 1st||Water Aerobics||Prof. Sue Garcia||Pool|
|April 22nd||Fitness Walking||Prof. Sue Garcia||303|
|May 6th||Fitness Walking||Prof. Sue Garcia||meet in front of RFK bldg.|
|May 8th||Fitness Walking||Prof. Sue Garcia||meet in front of RFK bldg.|
|May 13th||Yoga (mats will be provided)||Prof. Sue Garcia||304|
Workout attire and sneakers are required in order to participate
Wednesday Club Hour Activities
12 noon to 2 p.m.
Basketball in Gym 301
Table Tennis in Gym 302
Badminton in Gym 302
Tennis on the Tennis Courts
Weight Training/Cardiovascular Training in Gym 303/305
Volleyball (1:00 pm to 2:00pm) in Gym 304
Swimming in the Pool
Fight Campus Hunger Volleyball Tournament
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
From 12 noon to 2 p.m.
Registration and Valid QCC Student ID Required
No Recreation Basketball, Table Tennis, Badminton or Volleyball held on March 25, 2020
Fitness Center Open During Finals Week!
Friday, May 15 – Friday, May 22
From 10:00 AM TO 2:00 PM.
Valid QCC Student ID Required.
For additional information regarding QCC Intramural / Recreation Programs
Contact: Coordinator Susan Garcia
Office: Room 213 RFK
All Events Are Coed