Tenure & Promotion Support
Professional Development Workshops
The Office of Academic Affairs organizes a series of professional development workshops for faculty each year covering topics having to do with reappointment, tenure, and promotion. The workshop presenters include the Dean of Faculty, Chairs, Faculty Governance Leaders, and invited faculty members. In recent years, this series has included the following topics:
- “What you Need to Know When Applying for the Rank of Professor”
- “Promotion and Tenure for Mid-Career Faculty”
- “General Information Session on Reappointment and Tenure Processes for Assistant Professors”
- “Opportunities for Service to the College and Opportunities and Programs at QCC and CUNY for Professional Development”
- “Practice Sessions on Presenting Before Faculty Personnel and Budget Committee for Full Professor”
Typically, this series is offered throughout the spring term and publicized through the Events Calendar and weekly event emails.
Faculty Mentoring Program
Thriving in Academia (Spring 2022)
Rising Above Imposter Syndrome
Lecture featuring Dr. Larry D. Johnson, Jr. on February 18, 2022 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
The Thriving in Academia lecture series, continues the support of junior faculty members, as they navigate the roadmap of academe at QCC through targeted lectures and mini workshops. The conversations in the series will center the voices of experts in their fields, who are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color). The lectures will focus on academic, personal, and professional goals and will provide tools and advice focusing on the unique experiences of faculty of color, as they progress toward tenure and promotion.
The goal of the series is to focus on the retention, recruitment, and satisfaction of underrepresented members of our community by presenting opportunities for growth, support, and mentoring.
Thriving in Academia is sponsored by the Office of Academic Affairs