QCC is committed to providing our students with faculty-mentored research opportunities. Undergraduate research experiences offer students the opportunity to work with faculty mentors in individual or collaborative settings, foster ownership for learning, develop inquiry, analytical, communication and presentation skills, and encourage a commitment to high standards. QCC students can use this site to find a variety of internal and external grant sponsored, curriculum-embedded, or voluntarily research opportunities.
QCC’s Celebration of National Undergraduate Research Week
April 8th - 12th, 2019 is National Undergraduate Research Week. QCC will be highlighting students’ research projects mentored by faculty members all week with virtual showcase!
QCC Research Program Directors
- CUNY Research Scholar Program (CRSP): Dr. Shiang-Kwei Wang
- NIH Bridges to the Baccalaureate: Research initiative to maximize science skills (RIMS): Dr. Patricia Schneider
- QCC NSF-Space Weather Research & Education Program: Dr. M. Chantale Damas
- CUNY I-Corps: STEM TIES – Tools for Innovation & Entrepreneurial Success: Dr. Christine Mooney
- Summer Intensive Research Program (SIRP): Dr. Anissa Moody
- QCC NSF S-STEM Scholars Program in Smart Energy: Dr. David Sarno
- Kupferberg Holocaust Center Research Fellowships: Ms. Marisa Hollywood
- Collegiate Science And Technology Entry Program (CSTEP): Ms. Francesca Berrouet
- Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative (CCURI) and HIP UR coordinator: Dr. Joan Petersen
Undergraduate Research at QCC
Undergraduate Research In...
Research embedded as a High Impact Practice - Training required through CETL
An internship on campus
CUNY Research Scholars Program, NIH Bridges, NASA Space Weather, Summer Intensive Program, CUNY I-Corp, NSF S-STEM
An internship off campus
Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Dept. of Env. Protection (DEP), Brookhaven National Laboratory, Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU's) at various locations
The discipline for honors credit
Honors Research courses on campus, Research taken with an Honors Contract
Showcased at QCC Undergraduate Research Day
A poster session intended to recognize every faculty and student engaged in undergraduate research on campus