Our Mission and Goals
The mission of the Queensborough Community College Student Association (QSA) and the Office of Student Activities is to further the well-being of the student body, to provide students with experience and training in a democratic form of government, to continuously expand and coordinate a program of student activities, to stimulate student interest and support in the development, assessment and execution of educational, social, cultural and recreational programs, to develop communication amongst students, administration and faculty in order to further the goals of this educational facility.
1. Provide cultural and artistic events for students, faculty and staff that celebrate diversity and community
2. Review and explore better utilization of the Student Union Center to increase traffic and usage.
Join a student club or organization! Learn more about the 40+ student groups on campus and get involved. Featuring student officers from all current student groups and organizations, QCC students will be able to obtain information regarding upcoming events and join a student group. Sponsored by the QCC Student Government.
A message from Dr. Brian A. Kerr, Vice President for Student Affairs
In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 28th, a decision has been made to close all student affairs offices at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 27th, as opposed to the usual 7:00 pm time.
The Office of Student Activities provides a student friendly resource center at Queensborough, offering opportunities to become involved in campus life through participation in clubs, student organizations, student government, cultural, educational, entertainment, and recreational activities. We welcome students to take part in co-curricular activities and we are dedicated to providing community service programs for your participation.
The following services are among those provided by the Office of Student Activities:
- Informational clearinghouse for all Campus activities
- Advisement on the formulation of Clubs/Student Organizations
- Responsible for the coordination of Heritage Month events
- Promotion of student involvement in Campus Governance
- Development of interpersonal and leadership skills
- Assistance in the production of College publications (i.e. annual College Yearbook, the Aurora and the Communiqué Student Newspaper)
- Advisement for off-campus and on-campus resources
- Scheduling and planning of special events on Campus
- Budget advisement for Club funding
- Advisement and interpretation of University and College Policies
Queensborough Community College is committed to providing a supportive, safe, and positive environment in which bullying is unacceptable. Bullying is deemed as unacceptable behavior on any College property, or at any College function, or activity; or through the use of any electronic, digital or printed materials, whether or not such use occurs on College property.