Our goal is to provide students with one location to find accurate and up to date information regarding scholarships, those awarded by CUNY and Queensborough Community College, along with scholarships awarded by external organizations (corporations, etc.)
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Foundation Student Emergency Grant Funds
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Foundation has awarded Queensborough Community College a three-year grant to provide one-time, emergency grants to students currently enrolled and in good academic standing with short-term financial emergencies to enable them to remain in school, rather than being forced to leave or drop-out. The goal is to increase the number of students who successfully complete college.
Students may access the grant funds at Queensborough Community College for emergencies such as the following, but are not limited to:
- Temporary loss of a job or income;
- Fire/flood in living quarters;
- Overdue utility bills/turn off notice;
- Rent in arrears, at risk for eviction;
- Theft of computer, books, clothing or other essential belongings;
- Medical bills for uninsured necessary appointments, accidents, or surgery;
- Eyeglasses or essential dental work;
- Travel home for illness or death in the immediate family;
- Homelessness due to loss of housing, for student and family dependents;
- Loss of childcare;
- Winter coat or interview suit;
- Victims of domestic abuse;
- Food card, to eat in cafeteria; and
- Transportation card, to get to and from school and/or medical appointment.
All grants are subject to approval with documentation and verification to support your application.
Grants will not be given for:
- Student fees or tuition charges;
- Previously owed debt;
- Legal representation;
- Program licensing expenses;
- The grant can only be used for one time emergency at Queensborough Community College
Please direct all inquiries to Karen O’Sullivan, Associate Director of Student Financial Services, at KOSullivan@qcc.cuny.edu.
QCC Academic Merit Scholarships for Freshmen
- Queensborough offers a number of full and partial tuition scholarships for newly admitted freshmen. Eligible candidates will be selected from the Fall freshman pool of applicants. Click here for more information and eligibility requirements.
Continuing Student Academic Merit Scholarship
Deadline Date: April 28, 2017
Award Amount: $1000 per semester Fall 2017 and Spring 2018
Candidates must have completed a minimum of 24 Queensborough Community College credits.
Candidates must have completed all remedial coursework.
Candidates must be matriculated and registered for a minimum of 15 credits by April 28, 2017 at Queensborough Community College
Candidates must possess a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.25 or higher.
All candidates must submit a well-written 250 word essay describing themselves and their career goals (250 word minimum and 350 word maximum).
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or an international/foreign student with a valid student visa. All applications MUST be submitted online.
Queensborough Community College Milestone Scholarships
To support timely progress toward degree completion, Queensborough offers Summer and Winter Session Milestone Scholarships to help students reach their “thirty-credit milestone.” The scholarship applies to a course to be taken during the Summer or Winter session. Upon completion of that course, students will have met or exceeded the “thirty- credit milestone” of their education here at Queensborough.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- At the time of submitting your scholarship application, have completed less than 30 earned credits, as of the end of the Fall or Spring semester.
- Enroll in one course in the January intersession or in one of the summer sessions so that, upon completion of the course, you will have met or exceeded 30 earned credits.
- Enroll in a course that meets your degree program requirements.
- Have a minimum 2.75 G.P.A. at the time of submitting your application.
- Have completed all remedial courses.
Based on the above eligibility, scholarship candidates will be selected and notified by mail to submit an application to the Office of Academic Affairs.
You do not have to qualify for financial aid to receive the scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis.
Queensborough Community College STEM Support Expansion Program
The STEM Support Expansion Program provides tuition waivers for students taking certain STEM courses in order to promote credit accumulation in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Queensborough will be providing tuition waivers to students taking STEM courses in the Winter and Summer intersessions. Classes in which the STEM waivers will apply will be scheduled each semester so students will be able to enroll and receive a tuition waiver. Eligibility requirements will apply to certain courses.
Contact the Office of Academic Affairs for further information.