Weather-related/Emergency Closing Information
Procedures for Weather-related/Emergency Closings
Once the college president has announced that campus will be closed, delayed, or certain operations suspended due to snow or other inclement weather, information will be distributed through the following channels.
- On this page and the college home page.
- A voice mail message at 718-631-6262.
- An email to all faculty, staff, and students.
- Text message through the CUNY Alert system (upon a decision by college administration). Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to subscribe to CUNY Alert.
- The colleges official Facebook and Twitter channels.
- NYC 311
|The following radio and television outlets.|
|WCBS Radio||AM 880|
|WINS Radio||AM 1010|
|NY1||Time Warner Cable Channel 1|
|WNBC-TV (NBC)||Channel 4|
|WNYW-TV (FOX)||Channel 5|
Sign Up Now for CUNY A!ert at Our Campus!
Students, faculty and staff can join CUNY A!ert to receive text or voice notifications of campus emergencies or weather related closings. You select the best way to get messages: cell phone or e-mail. You can sign up even if you are registered with another emergency notification system. So stay alert! Visit www.cuny.edu/alert and sign up for CUNY A!ert now!
Queensborough Community College Building Hours
Monday-Friday: 7:30 AM - 11 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 7:30 AM - End of scheduled classes/events