Voter Registration Deadline
A How-To Guide For Registering To Vote
Who Can Register?
In Order to be eligible to register to vote you must be:
- A U.S. citizen by birth (anyone born in the United States or its territories, including Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and certain Panamanians).
- A naturalized U.S. citizen (Immigrants become U.S. citizens by "naturalization." Naturalized U.S. citizens are foreign-born individuals who are granted citizenship by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).
- At least 18 years old and a New York resident for at least 30 days prior to an election.
- Not currently serving time in jail, on work release, or parole for a felony conviction.
- You must be registered at least 25 days before the election.
- You also need to register to vote if:
- You have changed your address since the last time you voted or registered to vote.
- You wish to change your party affiliation.
- You have changed your name since last voting.
- The last day for Voter Registration to vote in the June 26, 2018 Federal Primary Election is June 1, 2018. The last day for Voter Registration by mail or in-person to vote in the November 6, 2018 General Election is October 12, 2018.
The American Heritage Dictionary defines "voting" as the formal expression of a preference for a candidate for office or for a proposed resolution of an issue. Voting is the foundation upon which our democracy rests. The vote is our voice and it should be used loudly and regularly. Use your voice. Vote!For more information on how to Register to Vote, please visit the CUNY website. CUNY students are also able to Register To Vote through CUNYfirst.
Register to Vote using CUNYfirst
- Log into your individual CUNYfirst Account.
- Click the NYS Voter Registration Form.
- Print, Sign, and Mail postage-paid form.