The QCC Emerging Leaders Program is a non-credited Leadership Program that seeks to provide students the opportunity to gain basic leadership knowledge, develop leadership skills and explore on campus and community involvement opportunities. Students will be given the opportunity to connect leadership concepts to real world examples. Students will be given complimentary access to case studies, video conferences and discussion groups.
Why should you join the QCC Emerging Leaders program?
- Expand and refine your leadership skills
- Become a leader within the College community
- Build your resume
- Give back to your community
- Receive complimentary access to New York Times articles, case studies, video conferences and discussion groups
- Increase your communication skills
- Boost your marketability
Students MUST commit to the following:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be maintained for each semester of participation.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of six credits.
- Must be able to attend mandatory bi-monthly meetings, workshops and/ or conferences.
- Must have dependability, initiative, dedication and genuine interest in professional growth and community service.
- Must be willing to commit to completing a Capstone Project of their choosing where they will put into practice the leadership concepts they have learned.
Ms. Gisela Rivera
Director of Student Leadership & Development
222-05 56th Avenue, Student Union Lower Level
Bayside, NY 11364