ePortfolios - Digication
Digication is the leading provider of ePortfolio and assessment management systems. Digication develops its platfom with students, faculty and programs and institutions needs in mind.
What are ePortfolios?
Types of ePortfolios
- ePortfolios for assessment: where the audience is internal to the institution and the goal is to support institutional outcomes assessment
- ePortfolios for learning: where the audience is students themselves, and th goal is helping studnts exmine and reflect on their learning
- ePortfolios for employment: where the audience is external, and the goal is to provide students with a tool for showcasing their achievements to employers or transfer instutions
Benefits of an ePortfolio
- Individual ownership, lifelong access and control
- A tool for reflection
- Flexible management and organization
- Communication, connection and interaction
- Portability and sharing
- Create: as you move along,think creative about what additional sections ypu can add to refelct on your college experience;both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Edit: add text, images, colors, and elements that reflect you as a student and who you aspire to be in ypur future career.
- Publish: the ePortfolio automatically save changes. Saved changes provides you with a continous draft mode. When you are ready to share with you must click the "publish changes" button.
- Share: be sure to know who you are sharing your ePortfolio with. There are different privacy settings that you can apply. Think about your audience when you publish content will impact their understanding of your experience at QCC.
Customizing your ePortfolio
- What do I want my viewers to see?
- How do I want to represent my work?
- What background colors do I connect with?
- It is important to create a timeline for your viewers so that they understand your wotk and the progress you have made.
- Choose a color that matches your theme
- Use 2-3 main colors
- Choose a font that is easy to read