QCC ASAP is committed to the success of our students. It is important to us that every student receives information about the benefits of our college and the ASAP program. Every student deserves a quality education and the support they need to succeed. Together we can make this happen. Below you will find some information that we feel may be useful to High School Counselors who have students that may be considering joining the program. To learn more about our program please view this video.
Do you have a student interested in learning more about becoming an ASAP student at Queensborough Community College? Please direct them to complete the interest form QCC ASAP Interest Form.
Admissions & Eligibility
To find out if a student is eligible to apply to Queensborough Community College please visit the CUNY Academic Profiles page.
Once students receive their acceptance letters please guide them through the Enrollment Checklist to ensure they complete all necessary admissions processes.
Admissions updates, application guides and additional counselor resources please visit the CUNY Counselor Corner page.
There are numerous programs available to students to help them become college ready. Some of these programs include:
- CUNY Start: CUNY Start is a low cost program for students that are required to complete math and reading or writing developmental coursework prior to taking college credited courses.
- Math Start: Math Start is also a low cost program for students that are required to complete only developmental coursework in math prior to taking college credited courses.
- CLIP: The CUNY Language Immersion Program is another low cost program for students in need of improving their English language skills.
- USIP: The University Skills Immersion Program is for students that are required to complete a math, reading or writing developmental course and wish to do so prior to their matriculation into the college.
- ALP: The Accelerated Learning Program allows students (based on college test scores) to complete their developmental coursework simultaneously with college credited courses.
Additional Support Programs
- FCI: The Foster Care Initiative Program connects students who are, or were in the NYC foster care system to CUNY Start and/or ASAP in order to increase the likelihood that they will complete their associate degree in a timely manner. Click FCI above to learn more.
- STEM Initiative: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) careers are those with high demand in the workplace. Because of this, QCC offers many STEM opportunities. Click on the link to learn more.
- DREAMers: DREAMers can apply to receive the National Scholarship and possibly the Opportunity Scholarship based on where they reside. To find out more, click on the link to view The Dream.US page.
- Momentum Campaign: It is recommended that students take at least 15 credits each semester to ensure that they are on track for graduation. The Momentum Campaign helps students to make this happen. Find out more by clicking the link above.
Get in Touch
To get in touch with a recruitment specialist, please check out the recruitment team biographies on the Meet The Team page.
To view/download ASAP promotional materials, please visit the CUNY ASAP page (See bottom of linked page). Materials are available in nine languages. To order materials, please submit a Request for Promotional Materials form.