Registry of Convicted Sex Offenders
Sex Offender Registry Information
The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services maintains a registry of convicted sex offenders, which is available to local law enforcement agencies, including CUNY's public safety departments. To obtain infformation about a Level 2 or Level 3 registered sex offender you may:
- Contact the police department in the jurisdiction in which the offender resides and/or in which the college is located;
- Contact the Director of Public Safety at 718-631-6320; or
- Call the Division's Sex Offender Registry at 1-800-262-3257
To obtain information about Level 3 offenders ONLY, you may:
- Contact the Division's Sex Offender registry web site
- Access the Division's Level 3 subdirectory electronically or via CD-ROM at the college's public safety department or the local law enforcement agency for the jurisdiction in which the offender resides.
According to the provisions of the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act of 2000, institutions of higher education are required to issue a statement advising the campus community where law enforcement agency information provided by a state concerning registered sex offenders may be obtained.
Furthermore, the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires that the Department of Public Safety, in a timely manner, report to the college community incidents that represent a possible threat to the college community.The QCC Department of Public Safety is making every effort, in conjunction with the NYPD, to help ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff both on and off campus. Our officers are already aware of the above details and have been instructed to increase their vigilance regarding the above named individual, as well as to any other suspicious person(s) or activities.
- The Department performs on-going patrols 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the campus and its perimeters on foot, bicycle and/or by vehicle.
- There are also "red emergency" phones, located inside buildings throughout campus which provide direct contact with the Public Safety Office to facilitate requests for assistance. Exterior emergency phones are also located in parking lot # 6 and on the outside of the Temp 2 building adjacent the bus stop.
- To further enhance safety, the college is currently upgrading its Closed Circuit TV (Security Camera) system which will assist the Department of Public Safety in monitoring activities on the exterior perimeters of campus.
- The Department is also encouraging all members of the college community to wear their QCC ID cards, or at the very least have them available to produce, requested by members of the Public Safety staff or other college officials. Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated and will assist in determining a person's authorization to be on campus.
For your protection please be guided by the following safety tips:
- Always be alert and aware of your surroundings and project a confident attitude both on and off campus.
- All suspicious persons and/or activities on campus should be reported to the Department of Public Safety on any "red emergency" phone or by dialing (718) 631-6320/6384 or if off campus by dialing 911.
- Avoid working, studying or being alone in buildings or isolated areas of the campus.
- Avoid walking alone at night. Walk with a group or friend. If you must walk alone, make sure to use well-lighted paths and sidewalks and take the most direct route.
- Inform someone of your destination and your expected arrival and return times.
- Utilize the QCC Department of Public Safety's Escort Service where an officer can be requested to accompany members of the college community in traveling from one campus location to another with a greater sense of security.
If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please call the QCC Public Safety Office at 631-6320.