In this class you will learn how to:
- protect your identity on your office and home computer while checking email, doing on-line shopping, participating in social networking, and surfing the Internet where you are most vulnerable to malware.
- receive and install free antivirus software available from the CUNY Portal
- comply with the CUNY and QCC Security policy on private and confidential information. Interim President Diane B. Call "strongly recommended" that all Faculty and Staff become familiar with this material at the November 2010 Academic Senate meeting.
To register go to: https://www2.qcc.cuny.edu/IT/workshops/register.aspx
Dates/Time: Wednesdays at 3 pm subject to registration sufficiency
For customized group arrangements contact Quincin Gonjon, Internet Security Officer at Qgonjon@qcc.cuny.edu.
- College and University Security Breaches
- Identity Theft
- Information Security
- Cyber Security
- Security Issues of Social Networking
- Steps Taken by IT to Secure Your Office Computer
- Social Engineering Exploits
- Guidelines for a Strong Password
- How to Password Protect Your Computer Screen
- Password Protect Your Smart Phone
- Encryption and Decryption
- QCC Policies and Guidelines on Sensitive Material
- The Use of Webdrive and Tumbleweed Encryption Software
- See Who is Watching You and Why
- Virus Protection Software
- How to Download Free Virus Protection Software to Protect Your Home Computers