QCC Computer Security Awareness Course
In this class you will learn how to:
- protect your identity on your office and home computer.
- receive and install free antivirus software available from the CUNY Portal
- comply with the CUNY and QCC Security policy on private and confidential information.
To register go to: https://www2.qcc.cuny.edu/IT/workshops/register.aspx
Dates/Time: To Be Announced via the _QCC_Community_Dialogue mailing list.
For customized group arrangements contact Quincin Gonjon, Internet Security Officer at Qgonjon@qcc.cuny.edu.
- College and University Security Breaches
- Identity Theft
- Information Security
- Cyber Security
- Security Issues of Social Networking
- Steps Taken by IT to Secure Your Office Computer
- Social Engineering Exploits
- Guidelines for a Strong Password
- How to Password Protect Your Computer Screen
- Password Protect Your Smart Phone
- Encryption and Decryption
- QCC Policies and Guidelines on Sensitive Material
- The Use of Webdrive and Tumbleweed Encryption Software
- See Who is Watching You and Why
- Virus Protection Software
- How to Download Free Virus Protection Software to Protect Your Home Computers