Degree and Certificate Programs
Queensborough Community College offers a full range of associate degree programs
in liberal arts and sciences and degree programs in pre-professional and career areas.
Certificate programs are also offered. All academic programs are offered both in day and evening sessions. Students pursuing a degree may choose to enroll in either a transfer or career program. Transfer programs lead to the associate in arts or the associate in science and are equivalent to the first two years of study in a baccalaureate degree granting institution. They are designed for students planning to continue beyond the associate degree level. Career programs lead to the associate in applied science and are designed primarily to prepare students with skills in specialized fields so that they may enter the workforce immediately after graduation.
All graduates of Queensborough are guaranteed the right to transfer to a senior
college in The City University of New York. The majority of Queensborough’s graduates,
including graduates of career programs, usually choose to continue their studies in a baccalaureate program. The College also offers credit courses and continuing education non-credit courses at locations off-campus. All degree and certificate programs offered
by Queensborough Community College are registered by the New York State Education
Department Office of Higher Education, Office of College and University Evaluation, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234, 518-474-2593, fax: 518-486-2779, email@example.com., www.highered.nysed.gov./ocue.
Dual/Joint Associate/Baccalaureate Programs
- Dual/Joint A.S./B.A. in Criminal Justice (A.S. degree component of the
Queensborough Community College/John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Dual/Joint Degree Program)
- Dual/Joint A.S./B.S. in Science for Forensics/B.S. in Forensic Science (A.S.
degree component of the Queensborough Community College/John Jay
College of Criminal Justice Dual/Joint Degree Program)
- Dual/Joint A.A./B.A. in Liberal Arts and Sciences and Childhood Education
(Grades 1-6) (A.A. degree component of the Queensborough Community
College/Queens College Dual/Joint Degree Program)
- Dual/Joint A.S./B.S. in Biotechnology (A.S. degree component of the
Queensborough Community College/York College Dual/Joint Degree Program)
- Dual/Joint A.A.S./B.S. in Nursing (A.A.S. degree component of the
Queensborough Community College/Hunter College Dual/Joint Degree
Transfer Degree Programs
- Liberal Arts and Sciences - A.A.
- Weekend Program in Liberal Arts and Sciences - A.A.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences - A.S. (Mathematics and Science)
- Visual and Performing Arts - A.S.
Concentrations: Art, Dance, Music, Theatre Arts, Interdisciplinary
- Gallery and Museum Studies - A.S.
- Engineering Science - A.S.
- Business Administration - A.S.
- Environmental Health - A.S.
- Health Sciences - A.S.
Career Degree Programs
- Accounting - A.A.S.
- Computer Engineering Technology - A.A.S.
- Computer Information Systems - A.A.S.
Tracks: Computer Programming, Microcomputer Applications Software
- Computerized Architectural and Industrial Design - A.A.S.
- Digital Art & Design - A.A.S.
- Electronic Engineering Technology - A.A.S.
- Laser and Fiber Optics Engineering Technology - A.A.S.
- Management - A.A.S.
Concentrations: Marketing, Real Estate-Insurance
- Massage Therapy - A.A.S.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - A.A.S.
- Medical Office Assistant - A.A.S.
- Music Production (formerly Music Electronic Technology) - A.A.S.
- New Media Technology - A.A.S.
- Nursing - A.A.S.
- Office Administration and Technology - A.A.S.
Tracks: Administrative Secretary, Office Technology: Word/Information
- Telecommunications Technology - A.A.S.
- Telecommunications Technology: Verizon - A.A.S.
- Accounting / Office Administration Technology
- Computer Information Systems
Options: Computer Programming, Microcomputer Applications Software
- Health Care Office Administration
- Medical Office Assistant
- Microsoft Office Applications Proficiency Preparation
- New Media Technology
- School Secretary
Continuing Education and Workforce Development
Queensborough’s Office of Continuing Education offers a myriad of programs for the community as part of its mission for Learning for a Lifetime. A trimester range of over 500 courses are available in professional development, preparatory skills, personal
enrichment, recreation and sports, Kids College, and the 50+ Club. Continuing
Education programs are an ideal resource for young learners, for recent immigrants who wish to improve their English skills (Port of Entry Program), and for professionals seeking to upgrade their skills in computers or attain certificates in new, exciting and growth-industry fields. Queensborough faculty and staff frequently take Continuing Education courses, and a number of Queensborough faculty and staff members have taken the opportunity to offer courses through the Continuing Education program.
back to top