Curriculum Committee - Documents & Articles
Downloadable Form Instructions
To Academic Departments:
Curriculum revisions are updated to CUNYfirst twice a year, two weeks prior to the start of the fall and spring registration periods, following the posting of Chancellor’s Reports. Please plan your curricular changes in advance of the semester to allow sufficient time for updates to CUNYfirst.
All new programs and significant changes to a program's degree requirements will become effective in the fall semester of an academic calendar year. If there is a change in course number or prefix, or assignment of a new course number or prefix, before submitting the proposal to the Committee on Curriculum, confirm with the Registrar's office that the number and/or prefix is available for use. Then download the respective form(s) here.
- The downloadable forms are formatted as Microsoft Word Templates (.dotx). When you open these files, your file will be untitled.
- Please use the following guidelines for file names: FormNumber_Course/ProgramNumber/date submitted to the Committee on Curriculum. Please format dates as mmddyy, for example, Form1_SS-446_022716.doc. (Note: February 27, 2016 is written as 022716.) When working with a program, please use the 5-digit program code numbers. These numbers can be found in the Queensborough Community College Catalog in “Programs of Study.”
- Please save your files as Microsoft Word files (doc or docx).
- The files are formatted using the Arial 10-point font. Please maintain this formatting. If you are copying your text from other files, please paste your text using either of the following Microsoft Word commends “Paste and Match Formatting” or “Paste Special … Unformatted Text.”
- Please do not use Track Changes when revising these forms, but strikethrough words to be deleted, and underline words to be added. Highlight changes using a yellow background color.
Flowcharts: Curricular Changes
Curricular Changes Process
Curricular Changes - QCC Distribution
- Committee on Curriculum Flowchart 2015-2016
The forms listed below are available to download. You will need to log-in using your QCC account information to access the forms.
Form 1: New Course Proposal
Form 2: Program Revision Guide/Template
Form 3: Course Revision Guide/Template
Form 4: Syllabus Template
Form 5: Program Discontinuation/Course Deletion
- Guide in PDF, revised June 2018
(Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the documents. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it here for free.)
Sample Dual Joint Degree Programs and Certificates
Business Certificate Program Accounting-Office-Administration-Technology-Expedited-Application
Proposed Dual/Joint Program in Nursing between Queensborough Community College and The School of Professional Studies (SPS)
All attachments on this page are in PDF format and require a PDF reader to open and view. If you need a PDF reader, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader as a free download. Click the image below to download Acrobat Reader.