Forms - Services for Students with Disabilities
Index of Forms
- Application for Services for students with Disabilities
- Request for Tutoring
- Testing Accommodation Form
- The Differences Between High School and College for Students with Disabilities
Exam Accommodation(s) Procedures
According to Federal Law, no (otherwise) qualified person with a disability shall be denied a benefit or opportunity or be excluded from participation solely on the basis of that disability. This means that accommodation or adjustment may be made on a case by case basis to enable an otherwise qualified person with a disability to have full access to classes and programs at Queensborough Community College.
In order to receive accommodations, students must be enrolled at Queensborough, registered with the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) and have appropriatedocumentation on file. Accommodations are arranged on an individualized basis and must be approved by SSD.
SCHEDULING CLASS EXAMS
Students are responsible for scheduling each exam for which they are seeking accommodations through the office of Services for Students with Disabilities. In order to schedule an exam and receive the appropriate accommodations, the following steps must be taken:
- Complete the student portion of the Testing Accommodation Form opens in new window (PDF) and present it to the professor. (The form is available in S132, L115 and online as a PDF opens in new window).
- The professor should immediately fill in the necessary information and return the form to the student.
- Take the completed form to the Services for Students with Disabilities Lab (SSD Lab) Library Building room 115, no later than two days before the exam.
- Report to the SSD Lab at the scheduled time for the exam.
This procedure applies to all classroom exams, including mid terms and final exams.
Scheduling CUNY Exams
Placement~ Compass Math~ Exit Reading~ Exit Writing ~ CPE
In order to take any of the above examinations using the accommodations that you are approved for then you must come in to the office (S132) to make the testing appointment. The university gives the CUNY examinations and the SSD office works in conjunction with the Testing Office to provide you with the reasonable accommodations.
Requesting Academic Tutoring and / or Assistive Technology
The Services for Students with Disabilities Lab (SSD Lab Library room 115) provides a supportive environment for students who require accommodations for testing, studying, tutoring and for assistive technology.
The Lab is available Monday through Friday from 9am - 5pm. Evening and Saturday schedules vary each semester and are posted.
Students with disabilities are welcome to use the SSD lab for studying and research, which do not require appointments. Individualized assistance such as tutoring and specialized assistive technology training must be arranged by scheduling an appointment. Please note: SSD provides supplemental tutoring for remediation for students currently enrolled in a remedial course at Queensborough Community College.
Scheduling Tutoring Appointments
- Fill out a Request for Tutoring form (available in S132 and L115) and submit it to the SSD Lab, room 115.
- You will be contacted by phone within one week by the SSD lab staff to schedule an appointment to meet with you.
- It is extremely important that you keep your scheduled tutoring appointments. Failure to keep appointments may result in cancellation of tutoring appointments.
Scheduling Assistive Technology Training
- All assistive technology appointments are scheduled through the office of Services for Students with Disabilities in room S132.
- If you are in need of assistance please call or stop by the office.