Resources on the Web - Services for Students with Disabilities
- www.vesid.nysed.gov VESID - Provides counseling, vocational guidance, training and placement assistance to eligible individuals with disabilities.
- www.ofcs.state.ny.us/main/cbvh Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped - Provides counseling, vocational guidance, training and placement assistant to eligible individuals who are blind and legally blind.
- www.nyc.gov/html/mopd/home.html Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities - provides information of services, agencies and resources for persons with disabilities in New York City.
- www.nyc.gov/html/permits/nyc-pppd.html/ - Information on NYC parking permits for persons with disabilities.
- www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/paratran/guide.htm - Access-A-Ride
- www.ada.gov - Americans with Disabilities Act - Information
- www.aspergers.com - Information on Aspergers Syndrome
- www.ldonline.org - Information on Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Disorder( ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and dyslexia.
- www.interdys.org - International Dyslexia Association
- www.nad.org - National Association for the Deaf
- www.handspeak.com - On line American Sign Language (ASL) dictionary
- www.diabetes.org - Diabetes Association
- www.ngdg.org - Graves Disease Information
- www.neuroskills.com - Information on Traumatic Brain Injury
- www.nmss.org - National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- www.mdausa.org - Muscular Dystrophy Association
- www.epilepsyfoundation.org - Epilepsy Foundation
- www.pendulum.org - Information on Bipolar Disorder
- www.unitedspinal.org - Information on spinal cord injury
- www.nami.org - National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- www.ucp.org - United cerebral Palsy
- www.aphasia.org - National Aphasia Association
- www.tsa-usa.org - Tourette's Syndrome Association