Recreation and Intramurals
Department of Health, Physical Education, & Dance
Dr. Young Kim, Chairperson
Mr. Roger Mischel and Mr. Aziwoh Ayafor, Coordinators of Recreation and Intramurals
Rules and Regulations:
- Gymnasium, courts, and pool facilities are available to all students, faculty, staff, and Alumni Association members who swipe a valid ID card (CUNY OneCard) upon entrance to the building and/or facility.
- Proper attire must be worn: Gymnasium/gym attire — shirt, shorts or sweatpants and sneakers. Pool — nylon or Lycra swimsuit only (no shorts or cut-offs).
- No outside food or drink is permitted in the building.
- All activities are coeducational.
- No books, coats, bags, or other personal belongings are permitted in the facilities. Lockers are available on the lower levels.
- Clothes are to be changed in locker rooms only.
- Continuing Education Classes: Pool – available to Continuing Education students enrolled in swimming courses only for an additional fee plus Community Swimming.
- Classes and Varsity teams have priority over Recreation. During inclement weather and certain other circumstances, Recreation may be canceled.
- Before beginning physical activities, participants are advised to undergo medical examinations and follow the advice of their physicians.