Department of Health, Physical Education and Dance
Dr. Andrea Salis, Chairperson
Professor Susan Garcia, Physical Education, Recreation and Intramurals Coordinator
Prof. Aziwoh Ayafor, Recreation and Intramurals Supervisor
Rules and Regulations
- Gymnasium courts, and pool facilities are available to all students, faculty, staff, and Alumni Association members who present a valid ID card (CUNY OneCard) upon entrance to the building and/or facility.
- Proper attire must be worn: Gymnasium/gym attire – shirt, shorts or sweatpants and sneakers. Pool - nylon or Lycra swimsuit only (no shorts or cut-offs).
- Outside food or drink is not permitted in recreation areas.
- All activities are coeducational
- Books, coats bags or other personal belongings are not permitted in the facilities. Lockers are available on the lower levels, or cubbies in front of G-303.
- Clothes are to be changed in the locker rooms only.
- Continuing Education Classes: If you are enrolled in Continuing Education swimming classes, you can have access to Community Swim for an additional fee. Please contact the Continuing Education Office for more information.
- Classes and Varsity teams have priority over Recreation. During inclement weather and certain other circumstances, recreation may be cancelled.
- Before beginning physical activities, participants are advised to undergo medical examinations and follow the advice of their physicians.
Fall 2019 Recreation Program
September 3 – December 12, 2019
|Basketball||Monday||2:00 to 4:00 pm||301|
|Wednesday||12:00 to 2:00 p.m.||301|
|*Friday||6:00 to 8:00 p.m.||301|
|Swimming||Wednesday||12:00 to 2:00 p.m.||Pool|
|Thursday||7:00 to 9:00 a.m.||Pool|
|Friday||1:00 to 3:00 p.m.||Pool|
|Fitness Center||Monday||10:00 am to 6:00 p.m.||303|
|Tuesday||9:00 am to 6:00 p.m.||303|
|Wednesday||9:00 am to 6:00 p.m.||303|
|*faculty/staff only*||Wednesday||12:00 pm to 2:00 pm||305|
|Thursday||9:00 am to 6:00 p.m.||303|
|Friday||10:00 am to 6:00 p.m.||303|
|Table Tennis||Wednesday||12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.||302|
|Volleyball||Wednesday||1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.||304|
|Badminton||Wednesday||12:00 to 2:00 p.m.||302|
|By reservation only. 2 person minimum to be open.|
|Sign up in room G 303.|
|Tennis||Wednesday||12:00 to 2:00 p.m.||Courts|
| By reservation only. Sign up in Room G303. Starts Sept 3, 2019
4 person minimum to be open and weather permitting!
|Combined Activities||Friday||6:00 to 8:00 p.m.||301|
|*Friday night Basketball and Combined Activities starts October 4, 2019|
FITNESS CENTER OPEN DURING FINALS WEEK!
Friday, Dec 13 – Friday Dec 20 10:00AM TO 2:00PM
All times are subject to change or cancellation
Club Hour Activities
|Table Tennis||Gym 302|
|Weight Training/Cardiovascular Training||Gym 303/305|
|Volleyball (1:00 pm to 2:00pm)||Gym 304|
Fall 2019 Activity Series – Wednesdays 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Ms. Susan Garcia, Instructor
Weekly fitness activities
(Schedule available in the HPED Department Office, Room G-216)
30 -Monday No Recreation
01 –Tuesday No Recreation
08 –Tuesday No Recreation
09 - Wednesday No Recreation
14 - Monday No Recreation
16 – Wednesday Recreation follows Monday Schedule
28 –Thursday No Recreation
29 - Friday No Recreation
For additional information regarding QCC Recreation and Intramural Programs Contact:
Professor Susan Garcia
Office: Room 213 RFK
Note: All Events are Coed
Fitness Center open during Finals Week!