Recreation and Intramurals
Department of Health, Physical Education, & Dance
Dr. Young Kim, Chairperson
Mr. Roger Mischel and Mr. Aziwoh Ayafor, Coordinators of Recreation and Intramurals
Rules and Regulations:
- Gymnasium, courts, and pool facilities are available to all students, faculty, staff, and Alumni Association members who swipe a valid ID card (CUNY OneCard) upon entrance to the building and/or facility.
- Proper attire must be worn: Gymnasium/gym attire — shirt, shorts or sweatpants and sneakers. Pool — nylon or Lycra swimsuit only (no shorts or cut-offs).
- No outside food or drink is permitted in the building.
- All activities are coeducational.
- No books, coats, bags, or other personal belongings are permitted in the facilities. Lockers are available on the lower levels.
- Clothes are to be changed in locker rooms only.
- Continuing Education Classes: Pool – available to Continuing Education students enrolled in swimming courses only for an additional fee plus Community Swimming.
- Classes and Varsity teams have priority over Recreation. During inclement weather and certain other circumstances, Recreation may be canceled.
- Before beginning physical activities, participants are advised to undergo medical examinations and follow the advice of their physicians.
13 & 20 Mondays - No Recreation
10 – 18 Monday through Tuesday - No Recreation Spring Break
On Conversion days, follow regular schedule.
For additional information regarding QCC Intramural or Recreation Program, Call Mr. Roger Mr. Mischel at 718 631-6322/6377.
Wednesday, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
SPECIAL EVENING RECREATION
6:00 pm to 8:00/9:00 pm
Earn an Intramural Championship QCC T-shirt (See supervisor for details)
200 Basketball Lay-Up Shot Club
100 Basketball Foul Shooting Club
50 Basketball 3 Point Range Club
50 Mile/Walk/Jog/Run/Climb Club 15 Mile Swim Club
Combined Activities – Gyms 301, 302, 303 Begin on March 4th
Additional information can be found in Room G303
* All Events are Co-ed
Spring 2017 Recreation Schedule
|Monday||2PM to 4PM||G302|
|Wednesday||12PM to 2PM||G302|
|Friday||6PM to 8PM||G302|
|Friday hours start as of 2/14/17|
|Saturday||1PM to 3PM||G302|
|Monday||8am to 10am||Pool|
|Wednesday||12PM to 2PM||Pool|
|Thursday||7am to 9PM||Pool|
|Friday||1PM to 3PM||Pool|
|Monday||10am to 6PM||G303|
|Tuesday||11am to 6PM||G303|
|Wednesday||10am to 7PM||G303|
|Thursday||10am to 6PM||G303|
|Friday||11am to 7PM||G303|
|Saturday||1PM to 3PM||G303|
|Wednesday||12PM to 2PM||Gym Lobby|
|Saturday||1PM to 3PM||Gym Lobby|
(for details ask Recreational Supervisor)
|Friday||6PM to 9PM||G302|
|Saturday||1PM to 3PM||G302|
(starts March 29)
Tennis hours will only be open if weather permits. Sign up in Room G303
|Wednesday||12PM to 2PM||Courts|
|Saturday||1PM to 3PM||Courts|
Spring 2017 Intramural Program
WEDNESDAY CLUB HOURS 12 TO 2:00 PM
(February 1 - May 10)
|Gym 303||Weight Training/Cardiovascular Training|
|Gym 302/Gym Lobby||Handball/Table Tennis|
- Rock/Paper/Scissors Tournament
- 3 Point Contest
- 3 ON 3 Basketball Tournament
- Bench Press Competition
- Push-up Contest
- New Machines in the Weight Room
Spring 2017 Evening Intramurals
*Valid QCC ID Required
Saturday, March 4 - 1:00 - 3:00 pm
3 point Contest
Friday, March 10 - 6:00 - 9:00 pm
3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
|Friday, March 17 - 6:00 - 9:00 pm|
|Saturday, March 18 - 1:00 - 3:00 pm|
Bench Press Competition
Friday, April 7 - 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Friday, May 5 - 6:00 - 8:00 pm
*Signup Sheets are located in Room G303