Committee on Admissions
Annual Report for 2019-20
- Aliza Atik, English
- Jason Demas, Health, Physical Education Dance, Secretary
- Katwicia Desruisseaux, College Discovery
- Leslie Francis, Business
- Kenneth Pearl, History, Chairperson
- Sunil Dehipawala, Physics
Beginning August 2020:
- Carmen Reid, Nursing
- Sarbani Ghoshal, Biological Sciences & Geology
- Bryan Chan
- Eun Jung Shin
- Daniela Teshima Valenzuela
- Shanaz Georgilis, Nursing, COC Liaison
- Richard Mako, Library, Steering Committee Designee
- Linda Evangelou, Assistant Dean of Admissions, Admissions and Recruitment, President's Liaison
Jankee Guzman, CUNY Office Assistant (Admissions)
The Committee on Admissions met 6 times during the 2019-2020 academic year. The following are the dates and results:
Academic Fresh Start Policy: Has successfully removed applications that could have been denied and differed to other CUNY programs. Prior to this, students with poor transcripts with a multi-year pause in education could have been in too large of a hole academically to continue at QCC. The Academic Fresh Start policy has appeared to help these students by removing them from our application pool and allowing them back. This policy has also has caused a decrease in the applications for some of the meetings.
Joint Application Between CCS & Admissions:
The joint application assisted in filling in any blank information that was previous missing in some applications. It allowed for fewer applications to be delayed as a decision was not able to be determined. We also started to schedule our meetings after the CCS schedule to further assist with having complete applications during meetings.
At the August 8 meeting, Jason Demas was elected chair for the 2020-21 academic year and Carmen Reid was elected secretary.
The committee would also like to thank Jankee Guzman for her hard work and dedication in support of the committee.
Kenneth Pearl, Chairperson, 2019-2020