VA Student Information
We highly encourage all students to stay up-to-date on changes or modifications to your benefits by monitoring the GI Bill/VA (www.gibill.va.gov) website or by contacting the VA directly at 1-888-GIBILL-1. The information on this website is not meant to be all inclusive; it remains the student’s responsibility to ensure that they are in compliance with the Department of Veterans Affairs policies by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 or visiting www.va.gov.
For VA education assistance please call 1-888-GIBILL-1 and for the Office of Military and Veterans Services (718) 281-5767.
New to QCC: All NEW students must meet with an advisor in the Office of Military and Veterans Services to go over the certification and benefit process before a student can be certified. To decide which benefit program(s) you are eligible for please visit the following link http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/get_started.asp
Current students are required to submit a certification request form for review and processing. A certification request should be submitted at least four weeks prior to the start of the term. Chapt. 30, 1606, and 1607 students also need to verify their monthly attendance through the VA at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
VA Student Responsibilities
This list has been created to assist you while you utilize VA educational benefits at Queensborough Community College. We highly encourage you to stay up-to-date on changes or modifications to your benefits by monitoring the GI Bill/VA (www.gibill.va.gov) website or by contacting the VA directly at 1-888-GIBILL-1.
To avoid any issues regarding debt to the school or the Department of Veterans Affairs, and to ensure maximum utilization of your educational benefits please review the list of student responsibilities below.
- Report any change (drop/add) in your schedule or reduction of credit hours as soon as possible to the Office of Military and Veterans Services
- Report a change in program/major as soon as possible to the Office of Military and Veterans Services
- Ensure that each class that you take is a course within your curriculum/area of study here at Queensborough
- Provide the Office of Military and Veterans Services with a copy of your schedule for certification before the start of the term
- As a student at Queensborough you acknowledge your responsibility to pay any remaining portions of your tuition/fees before the end of each term (if applicable) should there be any remaining balance on your student account
- As a student at Queensborough you understand that if you do not attend, or stop attending a class your VA benefit certification may be adjusted, meaning that you, the student, may incur a debt from the school, Department of Veterans Affairs, or both agencies