Institutional Review Board (IRB)
QCC IRB HRPP Coordinator
Dr. Shiang-Kwei Wang, Dean of Research
All human subjects’ research must be approved by the IRB before the data collection can start. PIs are responsible for submitting applications with enough lead time.
The following items should be considered:
Is the proposed project human subject’s research?
Is the proposed project Exempt/Expedited/Full Review?
All PIs should do the Human subjects research and responsible conduct of research training in the CITI program.
All applications are submitted through IDEATE
Steps to Submit a Protocol for Review
- All PI and co-PIs have to complete the online CITI training modules (a. Responsible Conduct of Research and b. HSR for Social & Behavioral Faculty or HSR for Biomedical Faculty). If your project involves student investigators, they need to complete these CITI training modules: a. Responsible Conduct of Research, b. HSR for Undergraduate Students
- Complete the Responsible Conduct of Research in-person workshop (you need to complete the workshop every four years when you renew your CITI RCR certificate)
- Determine which type of review is appropriate for your study. Click CUNY HRPP Policies & Procedures, select "Review Types and Processes" for details
- Contact IDEATE administrator for username and password. Other faculty co-PIs must create usernames and accept your invitation as Co-PI through IDEATE.
- Submit your IRB protocol using the IDEATE system. Upload the RCR and HSR CITI certificates to IDEATE (under Attachment). Your protocol will be returned without these two certificates.