- Through exposure to grant development best practices, faculty and staff will improve skill in developing grant proposals.
- Faculty and staff will gain knowledge of grant stewardship best practices to maintain continued sponsor support to QCC and other CUNY campuses.
- In managing grant awards, faculty and staff will be assisted in adhering to federal, state, city and private grant compliance requirements as well as CUNY and QCC policies.
- Campus leadership will support and promote appropriate stewardship of sponsored awards.
The Office of Grants/Sponsored Programs (OGSP) is responsible for Sponsored Programs Administration and is accessible to assist principal investigators or project directors with any sponsored research or program administrative requirements. The OGSP reports to the President, Provost or his/her designee; at QCC, the designee is the Dean for Research, Dr. Shiang-Kwei Wang. OGSP is available for:
- Assisting the PI with the administration of research and sponsored programs from inception through closeout;
- Reviewing proposals submitted to assure compliance with University policy. The Grants Office also reviews budgets to verify that all appropriate charges are included in the cost calculations.
- In cooperation with The Research Foundation, assisting the PI with the negotiation and acceptance of grant awards;
- In cooperation with the University and The Research Foundation, assisting the PI with the negotiation and execution of contracts and cooperative agreements;
- In cooperation with the University, assuring compliance with sponsor’s policies, e.g., fiscal, property, intellectual property, human and animal subjects;
- In cooperation with the University, assuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the Research Foundation;
- In cooperation with the University and The Research Foundation, maintaining official records concerning sponsored projects including official grant and contract files;
- Assisting faculty and department/school staff in the preparation of proposals and other administrative aspects of sponsored projects as needed; and
- Training of faculty and administrative staff in the policies, procedures and practices of the University, College or School and sponsors.
|Post Award Administration
|Research and Grant Compliance||Jacinta Patrice-George
Grants Compliance Specialist
CUNY Office Assistant