Students approaching their final semester may register their intent to graduate with our office.You will be notified in writing after an official degree audit has been conducted. Please review your home address, telephone number and email in CUNYfirst to make sure all of your contact information is current.
'Graduation' or 'Conferral of Degree' are synonymous. They refer to the date that the degree is awarded. 'Commencement' is the ceremony which is held once a year, usually in early June, for all graduates and candidates for graduation. Attendance at commencement is not a guarantee of degree conferral. For information about commencement and to RSVP, please check with the department of Student Affairs (Library building, Room 412).
When planning to graduate, be sure you have:
*You MUST satisfy the basic requirements above in order to be eligible to graduate
- Earned 60 or more credits toward your degree (by the end of current semester).
- At least 30 credits must be taken on campus and applicable toward your degree.
- Certificates require 30 credits towards the program and at least 15 of those credits must be taken on campus.
- Reviewed your online CUNY Portal DegreWorks - Online Advisement System by logging into the CUNY portal.
- If you see a different CUNY School when you click DegreeWorks - Online Advisement System, follow these instructions.
- View the Degree Audit 101 video for help on using Degree Audit
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 (overall and toward degree). A 2.75 GPA for Early Childhood Education.
- Satisfactorily completed 2 writing intensive courses.
- Passed the Reading, Writing and Math (or MA-10) exit from Remediation exams if placed in remedial courses.
- If applicable, you must have passed any speech remedial course(s) in which you were placed.
. Please keep in mind that some degrees contain additional
graduation requirements not listed here. For specific graduation requirements in your degree please consult with your academic advisor or review the College catalog for the year you were admitted.
Important Note: Degrees are awarded four times within a year:
- January - For students finishing requirements during the Fall semester of the prior year
- The graduation date is January 31st.
- February - For students finishing requirements during the Winter session of the same year
- The graduation date is February 28th.
- May/June - For students finishing requirements during Spring semester of the same year
- August - For students finishing requirements during the Summer session of the same year
- The graduation date is August 31st.