OET: Office of Educational Technology
The Office of Educational Technology (OET) is located in L-117 on the first floor of the Library Building. The OET works closely with faculty, staff and students to promote the development and dissemination of innovative uses of technology in teaching and learning.
The activities and services offered by the OET support team include:
- Investigating new and emerging technologies, and exploring opportunities for their adoption to support education at QCC
- Assisting faculty in integrating technologies that support a wide range of pedagogical models
- Working closely with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) to enable and support Educational Innovation at QCC
- Providing instructional technology support for a variety of faculty development initiatives involving eLearning, ePortfolio and HIPS.
- Providing Media Production Support for elearning and web-enhanced courses.
Upcoming Spring 2018 Faculty Workshops
3/6 VoiceThread: Collaborative Learning for Every Modality & Discipline, 3 – 4:30 pm, L-117
3/7 Camtasia Micro-lectures, 2 – 4:00 pm, L-117
3/9 Enhancing Instructional Videos with Playposit, 10 –11:30 am, L117
3/9 Introduction to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Fully Online, 3 – 4:00 pm, Fully Online
3/16 Introduction to Excel, 10 – 12:00 pm, L-117
3/23 Advance your Excel Skills, 10 – 12:00 pm, L-117
Consulting and Support
- Survey Monkey