Office of Educational Technology
The Office of Educational Technology (OET) is located in L-117 on the first floor of the Library Building. The OET works closely with faculty, staff and students to promote the development and dissemination of innovative uses of technology in teaching and learning.
The activities and services offered by the OET support team include:
- Investigating new and emerging technologies, and exploring opportunities for their adoption to support education at QCC
- Assisting faculty in integrating technologies that support a wide range of pedagogical models
- Working closely with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) to enable and support Educational Innovation at QCC
- Providing instructional technology support for a variety of faculty development initiatives involving eLearning, ePortfolio and HIPS.
- Providing Media Production Support for elearning and web-enhanced courses.
eLearning Institute - Summer 2017
Please join the more than one hundred QCC faculty members who have successfully completed QCC’s eLearning Initiatives since 2010. The eLearning Institute emphasizes development of Web-Enhanced and Hybrid courses, but faculty members who wish to develop fully online (Asynchronous) courses may also apply. The application deadline is March 24, 2017. We encourage faculty in all disciplines to apply.
Click here to download the application.
Consulting and Support
- Survey Monkey
Spring 2017 Faculty Workshops
3/3 Blackboard Tests, Assignments and Turnitin, 10 – 11:30 am, L-117
3/10 VoiceThread, 10 – 11:30 am, L-117
3/17 Softchalk 10, 10 – 11:30 am, L-117
3/24 Camtasia, 10 – 12:00 pm, L-117
3/31 Playposit, 10 – 11:30 am, L-117
3/31 Excel Brush-up, 3 – 5:00 pm, L-117
Click here to register