Blackboard Faculty Support
Already Using Blackboard?
Top 10 Things to know about Blackboard
1) Access Queensborough Blackboard through the Blackboard Login page.
2) Course shells will appear on Blackboard two days after you have been assigned to the course in CUNYfirst.
3) Check your list of courses on Blackboard. Courses are loaded automatically based on the data in CUNYfirst. If you are not listed as the instructor for a course on CUNYfirst, your course will not appear on Blackboard. Please contact your Department Secretary to have the record in CUNYfirst updated
4) CUNYfirst will automatically add registered students to Blackboard courses
5) You must make your course available on Blackboard in order for your students to have access to the content and course shell. To make your course available:
- Access the course that you want to make available
- In the Control Panel menu, click Customization > Properties
- Scroll down to Set Availability
- Select Yes if you want your students to be able to access the course materials
- Click Submit.
6) Use the Assignment feature, located under the Assessment menu, to collect assignments through Blackboard
7) To avoid irreversible loss of data be mindful on your file names.
- Do not use spaces, or special characters such as "#" symbols, or ",".
- File names should include numbers and letters. Instead of spaces, use (_) to separate words.
8) Visit CUNY's Blackboard Support web page for guides and tutorials http://cuny.edu/blackboard
9) Register for Blackboard WorkshopsOpens in a new window
10) Report any technical problem to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your Full name, CUNYFirst ID and the Course ID/Section.
How do I change my email address in Blackboard?
Users may have only one email address in Blackboard. In most cases, Blackboard uses the same email address as the CUNYPortal. If this address is not the one you use, you can now change it, but you must use a CUNY email address.
- Log into Blackboard
- In the Home tab, find and click on the Update Email link in the Tools module
- Enter the new Email twice
- Click Submit
Faculty should find useful the following resources on this website: information on Blackboard development at CUNY; User Guides with information on using new and improved features; and FAQs with answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Faculty User Guides
Opens in a new wAre you new to Blackboard?
Would you like to learn more about this online course management system? Instructional Technology Workshops are open to all faculty and staff!
Register hereOpens in a new window