1. All newly accepted College Disocvery Students must completed the following forms.
- Click here for information on financial eligibility.
- Confirm your enrollment click here to print out “College Discovery Enrollment Worksheet”.
- Click here to print out “New Student Guide to Enrollment”.
- Attend New Student Orientation, click here to reserve a seat.
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFAS and TAP), click here to apply.
2. Dates To Remember
3. CUNY Assessment Test
- All new students must take one or more of the college’s placement tests in Reading, Writing and/or Math. If these tests are necessary, you will receive notification in the mail. It’s important that you follow up and take these tests. The results of these tests become the foundation for the advisement and registration session. Your CD counselor will need the results to help place you in the correct classes. To learn more, click here.
All students registered in remedial courses in Reading, Writing, or Math will retest in these areas at the end of the semester. Students who are still not able to pass the Reading or Writing test(s) will not be able to begin English Composition (Freshman English) until they pass. Also, students who are not able to pass the Math test cannot take the first credit-bearing Math course.
Click here for information on test exemptions in reading, writing, and mathematics.
Practice Test and Learn more http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/testing/placement.html
4 . Financial Aid
- All entering students are strongly encouraged to apply for financial aid. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) using the previous year’s income tax information. Apply by May 1. Late applications can be submitted but families must be ready to pay tuition charges should application processing not be completed before the deadline. To learn more, click here.
5. Advisement & Registration
- Your CD counselor will help to plan your class schedule for both summer and fall courses. To make sure you are taking the right classes, your counselor will also register you in those classes. You will not be able to change those courses without permission from your counselor. A counselor will be assigned to you over the summer.
6. Attendance Mandatory- College Discovery Orientations
- Orientation is intended to help students become members of Queensborough Community College. Students receive important information about the program, academic policies and the course registration and Financial Aid process. You must submit your College Discovery Enrollment Response Worksheet and supporting documents during this session. To learn more, click here.
7. Commitment Deposit
- This payment, is required of all incoming students, it is applied to your tuition charges and it guarantees your place in our new class and gives you an earlier date for advisement and registration. If you are eligible for College Discovery, the $100 Commitment Deposit will not be required. You are required to complete, sign and submit the College Discovery Income Verification Worksheet before the deadline date.
8. Medical Clearance
- New York State requires submission of immunization documentation for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), and a meningitis response form before a new student may be registered for any college class. Submit your immunization forms to the Health Services Office
9. College Discovery Seminar (summer – fall)
- ST100 Class: All new freshmen who are attending Queensborough as full-time students are required to take this Introduction to College course. CD freshmen will be registered for this class by their counselor.
10. Tiger Connect Page
- The Tiger Connect Page serves as your guide from the point of acceptance to the college and the CD program, through the advisement/registration process. The page will help you stay on track with all your pre-enrollment activities such as testing, financial aid, immunization ,etc. Please remember to check your Page regularly. Check Tiger Connect Page by clicking here.
- CUNYfirst is the automated information system used to manage the academic lives of our students. Claiming the CUNYfirst account is part of the freshman’s class registration process. CUNYfirst delivers billing, financial aid information, course schedules and more to our students. Your counselor will assist you with claiming your account during the summer session.
12. Tiger Mail
- Every student is assigned a free student email which is used as the prime communication vehicle among the students, faculty and college administration. New students officially accepted to the College may claim their TIGERMAIL account now
13. Proof of High School Graduation
- June Graduates from a NON- DOE: It is important that you provide proof of high school graduation to the Admissions office (Administration Building, Room 210) before the first day of classes.
- August Graduates: If you need to complete high school graduation requirements over the summer, you must bring proof of graduation (official transcript or diploma) to the Admissions office (Administration Building, Room 210) before the first day of fall classes. Also, the College Discovery Office will need an official letter from your high school stating that you completed your graduation requirements during the summer.
14. College Discovery Student Guide
- The CD Student Guide has been completely created for you to navigate through your semesters at Queensbrough Community College.