We are with you every step of the way
Prospective College Discovery students must complete the following:
- Confirm your Enrollment today! Print your "College Discovery Supplemental Form"
- Attend a "College Discovery Admitted Student Welcome" session for new students and family.
Dates to Remember
- Financial Aid Filing Priority Deadline, May 1st
- Priority seating deadline May 1st. Submit your supplemental form and all supporting documents by the deadline date above
- Advisement & Registration, Begins early-April for the fall semester. Schedule an appointment or call the at 718-631-6210
All prospective College Discovery students must attend a mandatory Summer Experience prior to the fall semester. Students must complete any required remedial course(s), in Reading, Writing, and/or Math, free of charge, during the college’s five-week summer session. In addition, the required Introduction to College Life course (required for all QCC freshmen), must be taken during the summer experience.
College Discovery Courses:
The CD program also requires students to complete a three-week CD 100 – Seminar course in the fall, as well as a ten-week CD 101–Strategies for Success course. The counseling team will provide more information about these courses at the time of advisement and registration for the summer/fall semester.
CUNY Assessment Tests
- All new students must take one or more of the college’s placement tests in Reading, Writing and/or Math. If these tests are necessary, you will receive notification by mail. It’s important that you follow up and take these tests. The results of these tests become the foundation for the advisement and registration session. Your CD counselor will need the results to help place you in the correct classes. Learn more
- If you will be completing high school graduation requirements during the summer and wish to be considered for the College Discovery Program, please bring a letter from your high school stating the dates of summer school attendance to the College Discovery Office, Library Bldg., room 440.
- You are eligible for College Discovery as a transfer student provided you have been enrolled in an EOP (Educational Opportunity Program), College Discovery, HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program), SEEK (Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge) or a similar academic and financial support program at your previous institution. If your prior college did not have an EOP or a similar program during the time of your attendance, you may be considered for transfer eligibility and should contact the College Discovery office for further information.
"I'm majoring in Nursing and I'm extremely grateful to the College Discovery Program for the help and overall experience". - Natasha Robinson, First Year Freshman, Class of Fall 2016.
College Discovery New Student Checklist
Welcome New College Discovery Admitted Student!
The checklist below contains the steps you will need to complete before you can register for classes! You will also have a chance to review this list with your College Discovery Counselor.
Enrollment Confirmation Process before Registering for Summer/ Fall Classes:
Complete and Submit: 2018-2019 College Discovery Supplemental Form before June 1.
In addition, you must submit:
Copy of parent(s) income taxes - 2016
Federal IRS tax transcript from the IRS office - 2016
Other supporting proof of income documents - 2016 (see To Do List below)
Financial Aid: Complete your 2018-19 FAFSA application online at www.fafsa.gov
Placement Testing: Prepare for and take your CUNY Assessment Tests. To schedule a testing appointment, contact the Office of Testing at 718-631-6358. If you were tested at another CUNY College, please notify the Testing office.
Health History Forms: Complete and submit your Health History Forms and proof of immunizations to Health Services, Medical Arts Building, Room MC-02 or Fax to 718.631.6330. Access the forms
Advisement & Registration: Schedule an appointment for advisement and registration Summer/Fall classes, by contacting the College Discovery Office at 718-631-6210 or CollegeDiscovery@qcc.cuny.edu
Register for mandatory Summer/Fall class(es). Summer Session begins July 2, 2018
If attending summer school to complete high school graduation requirements, please provide a letter in a sealed envelope from the high school. The letter must include dates of summer school attendance.
Check the To Do List below for any required documents
College Discovery / Financial Aid To Do List
College Discovery Supplement Form
Proof of Citizenship
Student Taxes (if applicable)
Parent IRS Transcript
2017 PA Budget Letter
IRS Non-Tax Filer Statement for 2016
2017 Child Support Report
Unemployment Benefits for 2016
Other Document(s); if required