Our Mission and Goals
The mission of the College Discovery (CD) Program is to assist in providing equality of higher education to selected students with specifically defined educational and economic needs, in order to enhance their opportunity for a higher level of education, social mobility, and vocational capability in our city and state. Through funding from the CUNY Office of Special Programs, CD provides a permanent and structured program of holistic services to selected eligible students.
1. Enhance professional readiness of students
2. Better utilization of existing resources
3. Expand points of contact through use of technology
About College Discovery
The College Discovery (CD) Program has been a part of the City University of New York for 50 years, providing eligible students with the access to higher education and financial assistance to help them succeed in college.
This educational opportunity program provides:
- Personalized counseling- students are assigned a counselor to guide them through their college experience at Queensborough
- Academic support – free tutoring in our own tutoring center, and staffed with skilled, well-trained tutors
- Financial assistance- offered in addition to state and federal financial aid awards.
- Advisement Services- Assistance is provided to help plan your academic future.
These services are offered to students who would otherwise be unable to attend college because of economic circumstances and educational background.
Through its support services, the CD program offers students a clear path to a college degree and a meaningful higher education experience.
Over the years, The College Discovery Program at Queensborough Community College has graduated hundreds of students who have transferred to four-year colleges or gained employment with their Associate degree.
The College Discovery Program is a division of the Department of Student Affairs.
Dr. Brian Kerr
Interim Vice President for Student Affairs
DirectorMr. Winston Yarde
Phone: 718-631-6210 Jennifer Klein
Phone: 718-631-6210 Cynthia Puca
Tutorial StaffTutorial Center Coordinator