Candidates for Election to the Academic Senate
Most of the positions (73) in the Academic Senate (79) are occupied by people who are elected.
- Department Chairpersons (18) are in the Senate and are elected by their departments following the bylaws of the faculty.
- Faculty-at-Large (41) elected by their fellow faculty.
- College Laboratory Technicians-CLT (2) elected by all full time CLTs.
- Higher Education Officers-HEO (2) elected by all full time HEOs.
- Adjuncts (1) elected by all adjuncts
- Alumni (1) elected by the QCC alumni Association
- Student Government Representatives (8) – elected by the student body
Candidates for membership in the Academic Senate must understand that the meetings of the Senate are on Tuesday afternoons and they need to be available to attend these meetings. All members are needed to attend in order to meet the requirements of the Open Meetings Law of New York State as imposed on all CUNY governing bodies by a court decision.
All members of the Academic Senate are not only expected to attend but to participate in the voting process on all matters. If anyone is reluctant to have a record of how they vote they should not make themselves candidates for election. All elected members of the Academic Senate who attend its meetings will have their voting record made public as required by the law. Failure to vote is to abstain and will so be noted in the minutes.
Current Candidates Statements
Candidates have been offered this forum for the posting of a maximum of 500 words to describe themselves and their positions. They may include links to other sites that contain information about themselves or their positions.
Candidate: Edmund Clingan
I have been a senator for the last six years. In those terms, I have been an industrious and vocal senator, standing up for the rights of the faculty. If you elect me to another term, I will continue to attend every senate meeting prepared in advance to debate and vote on issues vital to our community. Please vote for me and give me the chance to represent you effectively.