Verification of Enrollment (VOE)
Per a CUNY Verification of Enrollment (VOE) directive (excerpt below), each semester the College faculty are required to submit VOE rosters through CUNYFirst.
Faculty will receive an email notification when the VOE rosters will be available on CUNYFirst.
Submission of VOE rosters are required of every faculty member with the exception of those that teach non-graded courses.
Failure to submit a VOE roster for a class can result in significant negative financial implications for our students.
Federal Title IV regulations require that a student begin attendance to qualify for Title IV aid. The College must be able to document verification of enrollment in each course or participation in an academically related event connected to that course. A student is considered to have begun attendance if the student attends at least one day of class or is otherwise active and participating in the course or academically related activity for each course used to determine Title IV eligibility (e.g. by submitting assignments, attending a required study group, academic conference or tutorial).
Academically related activities include, but are not limited to:
- physically attending a class where there is an opportunity for direct interaction between the instructor and students;
- submitting an academic assignment;
- taking an exam, an interactive tutorial or computer-assisted instruction;
- attending a study group that is assigned by the school;
- participating in an online discussion about academic matter;
- engaging in an online academically related activity, or initiating contact with the instructor to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course or ask a course-related question.
Note: Logging into an online class is not sufficient, by itself, to demonstrate participation in an academically related activity by the student.
To Submit Your Roster:
- Log into your CF account, go to Faculty Center, then select VOE Roster. The term should read the current term and the college, Queensborough CC.
- The default for all students is Yes, attended.
- If a student has NOT attended, select No, never attended.
- Once complete, click Submit (Submit completed roster to the Office of the Registrar) at the bottom of the page, the roster is then recorded as completed in CF.
- By selecting No, never attended, faculty members are assigning a student a WN grade.
If a student goes to class for the first time after No, never attended has been submitted and the faculty member agrees that the student is still eligible to participate in the class, a WN Grade Reversal form will need to be completed.
Once submitted to the Office of the Registrar and approved, the WN grade will be removed from the student's record.
WN Grade Reversal Forms can be obtained through your academic department office.
For questions regarding technical issues please call the IT HELP desk at 718 631-6348.