Professor Sidney N. Sonsky
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology Department ,Queensborough Community College of the City University of New York
Best Known For-
- His devotion to his students.
- His favorite one-two punch:
- Measure what you can calculate and calculate what you can measure
- "Ask not what your country can do for you--
ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
- "I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right." Albert Einstein
- "I was still learning when I taught my last class."
Claude M. Fuess -- after forty years of teaching.
- "It's never over till it's over." Yogi Berra
- "Play like a champion today." Notre Dame University
- B.E.E., Cum Laude, City College of New York
- M.E.E., New York University
- Professional Engineering License, State of New York
- F.C.C. Radio Telephone Lifetime License, United States
- High School: Seward Park High School
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers for excellence as a distinguished educator
- Eta Kappa Nu (National Honor Electrical Engineering Society)
- Tau Beta Pi (National Honor Engineering Society)
- Tau Alpha Pi (National Honor Technology Society)
- Sigma Xi (National Honor Science Society)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- North Eastern Association of Two Year Colleges
- Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA)
- National Association of Business & Educational Radio (NABER)
- Loves his family and is proud of his two nephews:
Steven A. Brown and Yale M. Brown for their scholastic achievements.
- Loves teaching and is devoted to his students.
- Loves books.
- Served in the United States Marine Corps Reserves
- "Theory and Experiments in Basic Electric Circuits" by Sidney N. Sonsky
Avery Publishing Group, Inc.
Wayne, New Jersey
- "Introduction to Technical Mathematics with Computing;" by Sidney N. Sonsky, Gabirel Kousourou, and Frank Scalzo Petrocelli Books Inc. Priceton, New Jersey ISBN 0-89433-038-1