Engineering Technology Department Awards
*NOTE: Applications are available in the Department of Engineering TechnologyRoom T-20
The Engineering Technology (ET) department will be presenting graduation an other year-end awards to outstanding Engineering Technology Department graduates and students who have completed a minimun of 22 credits by June, 2013. These awards will be presented at a special awards ceremony on Tuesday, May 28, 2013. Department awards are an excellent addition to your resume.
The awards include:
1. Electronic Engineering Technology Award - to an ET graduate, judged on overall GPA and service to the department and the College.
2. Computer Engineering Technology Award - to a CT graduate, judged on overall GPA and service to the department and the College.
3. Joseph B. Aidala Memorial Award - to an ET or CT graduate based on academic record and service to the ET department.
4. Martin Horowitz Memorial Award - to an ET or CT graduate based on academic record and service to the department.
5. Dominic Stanco Memorial Award - based heavily on service to your fellow student.
6. Professor Gabriel Kousourou Award - to an ET/CT currently enrolled student who has completed a minimum of 22 credits at the College and has a minimum overall grade point average of 2.5.
7. Professor Louis Nashelsky Award - to an ET, CT, EM or TC currently enrolled full time student who has a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better and/or service to the department.
8. Pasquale Savarese Award - to an ET, CT, EM or TC currently enrolled full time student who has a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better, who has shown academic improvement, and/or service to the department.
9. Underwriter’s Laboratories Award - to an ET or CT graduate based on academic record and service to the ET department.
10. Miro Brumgnach Memorial Award - based on Academic record and service to the department.
11. Nathan and Rose Chao Foreign Student Award - The Foreign Student Scholarship Award is presented to a student who meets the following criteria:
12. Computerized Architecture Industrial Design Award/Architecture Award - to a DD graduate, judged on overall GPA and service to the department and the College.
13. The Clive M. Hartt Award - presented to a graduating student who displays excellence and promise in a future career of Mechanical Engineering Technology.
14. Harold E. Levenson Award - to an MT or DD graduate based on academic record and service to the ET department.
You may apply for one or more awards with this form. If interested fill out the application form below. Return the application to the Engineering Technology Department, Room T-20, By Friday April 12, 2013.
E-mail address ______________________________
Phone number ______________________________
CUNY ID ______________________________
Grade Point Average (GPA) _____
I am applying for: Select Award
|__ ET Department Award||__ CT Department Award||__ Joseph B. Aidala Memorial Award|
|__ Horowitz Memorial Award||__ Stanco Memorial Award||__ Professor Gabriel Kousourou Award|
|__ Professor Louis Nashelsky Award||__ Pasquale Savarese Award||__ Underwriter's Lab Award|
|__ Miro Brumgnach Award||__Nathan & Rose Chao Foreign Student Scholarship Award||__ The CAID/Architecture Award|
|__ The Clive M. Hartt Award||__ The Harold E. Levenson Award|
NOTE: Attach a short (1 page) statement to this application supporting your application and describing such items as service to other students, the Department, and the College. Also describe your work history including employers, dates and responsibilities.
Please attach a copy of your latest QCC transcript and any faculty recommendations with your application.