Committee on Student Activities
2016-2017: (6 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Margaret Howell, Financial Aid Office (2019)
- Kerri-Ann Smith, Academic Literacy (2019)
- Lawrence Bentley, Nursing (2018)
- Danny Sexton, English (2018) - Chairperson
- Carolyn King, Mathematics & Computer Science (2017)
- Adam Luedtke, Social Sciences (2017) - Secretary
- Randle Jackson
- Nicole Fajardo
- Landen Kwan
- Blake-Campbell, Barbara, Nursing, COC Liaison
- Peter Novick, Biological Sciences and Geology, Steering Committee Designee
- Biran Kerr, Assistant Dean of Student Development, President's Liaison
Committee meets first Tuesday of the month from 3:00 to 4:00pm; or as needed.
Section 25. The Committee on Student Activities
The Committee on Student Activities shall consist of six (6) members of the instructional staff and three (3) students.
The Committee on Student Activities shall:
- Report to the Academic Senate on policy matters relative to student activities.
- Act as an advisory group to any student group seeking faculty assistance.
- Assist the Director of Student Activities, other administrators, and faculty involved in student activities.
- Participate in the implementation of Article VII, Section B, Part 2, of the Governance Plan which states: “The Faculty and student body shall share equally the responsibility and the power to establish, subject to the approval of the Board, more detailed rules of conduct and regulations in conformity with the general requirements of this article.”