Committee on Course & Standing
2017-2020: (9 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Daniel Armstrong, Health, Physical Education & Dance (2019)
- Gina Capozzoli, Student Affairs (2019)
- Katwicia Desruisseaux, College Discovery (2019)
- Ye, Fei, Mathematics & Computer Science (2020)
- Rosie-Marie Aikas, Social Sciences (2018)
- George Fragopoulos, English (2018) - Chairperson
- Hayes Mauro, Art & Design (2018) - Secretary
- Riekert, Susan, Nursing (2020)
- McLaughlin, Susan, Biological Sciences & Geology (2020)
- Ted Pierre Louis
- Cherene Miller
- Wentrack, Kathleen, Art and Design, COC Liaison
- Tawde, Mangala, Biological Sciences and Geology, Steering Committee Designee
- Patricia Canale, Registrar, President's Liaison
Section 18. The Committee on Course and Standing
The Committee on Course and Standing shall consist of nine (9) members of the instructional staff and, in accordance with the Governance Plan, there shall be two (2) student members who shall participate and vote only on matters of policy.
The Committee on Course and Standing shall:
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate policies pertaining to the academic standards of Queensborough Community College including scholastic requirements for graduation, retention standards, probationary limits, and the grading system.
- Consider individual student appeals, interpret, and in some cases, waive existing College policies.