Committee on Course & Standing
2015-2016: (9 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Rose Marie Aikas, Social Sciences (2018)
- Daniel Armstrong, Health, Physical Education and Dance (2016)
- Gina Capozzoli, Student Affairs (2016)
- George Fragopoulos, English (2018)
- Hayes Mauro, Art and Design (2018)
- Andrew Nguyen, Biological Sciences (2017)
- Nina Sarkar, Business (2016) *Chairperson
- Jun Shin, Chemistry (2017)
- Jilani Warsi, Academic Literacy (2017) *Secretary
- Ted Pierre Louis
- Cherene Miller
- Wentrack, Kathleen, Art and Design, COC Liaison
- Lorraine Cupelli, Nursing, Steering Committee Designee
- Ann Tullio, Registrar, President's Liaison
Meets one Friday a month. 9:30 in A104. Meetings held after the 15th of the month
Section 18. The Committee on Course and Standing
The Committee on Course and Standing shall consist of nine (9) members of the instructional staff and, in accordance with the Governance Plan, there shall be two (2) student members who shall participate and vote only on matters of policy.
The Committee on Course and Standing shall:
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate policies pertaining to the academic standards of Queensborough Community College including scholastic requirements for graduation, retention standards, probationary limits, and the grading system.
- Consider individual student appeals, interpret, and in some cases, waive existing College policies.
Documents and Articles | Agenda and Minutes