Committee on Course & Standing
2019-2022: (9 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Ye, Fei, Mathematics & Computer Science (2020)
- Stroehlein, Margaret, Nursing (2020)
- McLaughlin, Susan, Biological Sciences & Geology (2020)
- Lawrence, Michael, Engineering Techology (2021)
- Marchese, Paul, Physics (2021)
- Capozzoli, Gina, Counseling Center (2021)
- Abramov, Arthur, Academic Advisement (2022)
- Ford, Wendy, Business (2022)
- Mohess, Neera, Library (2022)
- Vacant, COC Liaison
- Tawde, Mangala, Biological Sciences and Geology, Steering Committee Designee
- Vacant, President's Liaison
Section 18. The Committee on Course and Standing
The Committee on Course and Standing shall consist of nine (9) members of the instructional staff and, in accordance with the Governance Plan, there shall be two (2) student members who shall participate and vote only on matters of policy.
The Committee on Course and Standing shall:
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate policies pertaining to the academic standards of Queensborough Community College including scholastic requirements for graduation, retention standards, probationary limits, and the grading system.
- Consider individual student appeals, interpret, and in some cases, waive existing College policies.