Academic Development/Elective Academic Programs
2015-2016: (9 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Nicole Lopez-Jantzen, History (2018)
- Neera Mohess, Library (2018)
- Vazgen Shekoyan, Physics, (2018)
- Emily Berry, Health, Physical Education and Dance (2017)
- Yusuf Gurtas, Mathematics & Computer Science (2017)
- Susan Jacobowitz, English, (2017)
- Tirandai Hemraj-Benny, Chemistry, (2016) *Chairperson
- Susan McLaughlin, Biological Sciences, (2016) *Secretary
- Ryan Moore, Social Sciences, (2016)
- Witkowski, Dominik
- Davi, Luca
- Yuster, Richard, Engineering Technology, COC Liaison
- Melissa Dennihy, English, Steering Committee Designee
- Sandra Palmer, Academic Affairs, President's Liaison
Section 9. The Committee on Academic Development.
The Committee on Academic Development shall consist of nine (9) members of the instructional staff and two (2) students.
The Committee on Academic Development shall:
- Arrange for the presentation of lectures, seminars, workshops, and exhibits to specifically include effectiveness of instruction.
- Review, evaluate, and report to the Academic Senate on the system of student evaluation of faculty.
- Consult with the departments concerned, regarding specific programs being planned.
- Consult with the Director of External Affairs, the Director of the Performing Arts Center and the Vice President of Institutional Advancement regarding scheduling of events.
- Oversee and promote activities beneficial to elective programs such as the CUNY – BA/BS, International Studies, and Honors programs.
Documents and Articles | Agenda and Minutes | Events