The Office of Career Services assists students and recent alumni in their professional development by educating them about the job search process through one-to-one conferences, workshops, special events and a comprehensive website. The staff assists students with the preparation of resumes and cover letters, and helps develop interviewing, networking and business etiquette skills.
The office sponsors two major job fairs in the fall and the spring, the annual Internship/Cooperative Education Forum held every November, and in the spring, Etiquette in Action: A Business Dining Experience, as well as various career-related workshops and seminars presented throughout the year.
What We Do:
- Maintain a user-friendly website that provides information about our services, career related advice, information and tools.
- Provide FREE career software (FOCUS 2, Optimal Resume, Virtual Job Shadow, Vault).
- Provide career advisement regarding choice of QCC majors and associated occupations.
- Post full-time and part-time job/internship opportunities for QCC students and alumni.
- Prepare students and alumni for interviewing opportunities through assistance with resume writing, cover letters and presentation skills.
- Advise students about worthwhile internships and coordinate internship opportunities with Faculty Cooperative Education Coordinators.
- Present job fairs and internship/cooperative education forums.
- Educate students about the job search process and labor market trends through our website, workshops, and seminars.
- Cultivate relationships with area and national employers who attend our job fairs and internship forums.
- Help students prepare applications to high-profile fellowships and job/internship opportunities.