||Queensborough Community College
The Office of Career Services
Library Building, Room 429 & 430
222-05 56th Avenue
Bayside, NY 11364
Phone: (718) 631-6297
The process of writing your resume will enable you to examine yourself and give you a good idea of what you have to offer. You can relieve a lot of anxiety about the interview by anticipating questions that may be asked of you and thinking about how to answer them to your benefit.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why are you interested in working for this company?
- Tell me about your education.
- Why have you chosen this particular field?
- Describe your best/worst boss.
- Tell me about one of your weaknesses.
- Give an example of how you solved a problem in the past.
- What are your strengths?
- How do others describe you?
- What do you consider the most important idea you contributed or your most noteworthy accomplishment in your last job?
- Where do you see yourself in three years?
- Think about something you consider a failure in your life, and tell me why you think it happened.
- Give an example where you showed leadership and initiative.
- Why should I hire you?
- Do you have plans to continue your education?
- Do you have any questions for me?