College Transfer Fair
Be sure to attend this event providing an opportunity to meet with representatives from over 50 colleges. Be sure to bring questions unique to you and your situation. Dress for success and bring a copy of your unofficial college transcript.
The College Transfer Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
Listing of colleges attending the College Transfer Fair.
Listing of Colleges Scheduled to Attend the 2019 Transfer College Fair
Columbia University School of General Studies
CUNY Welcome Center
CUNY, Baruch College
CUNY, Brooklyn College
CUNY, College of Staten Island
CUNY, Hunter College
CUNY, John Jay College
CUNY, Medgar Evers College
CUNY, NYC College of Technology
CUNY, Queens College
CUNY, School of Professional Studies
CUNY, York College
DeVry College of NY
Montclair State University
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)
NYU School of Professional Studies
Russell Sage College
St. Francis College
St. John's University
St. Joseph's College
St. Thomas Aquinas College
SUNY Welcome Center
SUNY, Alfred State College
SUNY, Buffalo State College
SUNY, Downstate Medical Center
SUNY, Empire State College
SUNY, Farmingdale State College
SUNY, Fashion Institute of Technology
SUNY, Maritime College
SUNY, Old Westbury
SUNY, University at Albany
SUNY, University at Buffalo
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
Questions to Ask College Representatives:
Is your college offering an open-house? Online open-house? Virtual tour? If yes, please provide the details.
- What are the application deadlines for admissions – for spring admission? For fall admission?
- Where/how can I apply?
- Is there an application fee? If so, what is the fee? Are fee waivers available?
- Is the ACT or SAT required?
- When are notifications of acceptance sent?
- What are the academic credentials of the typically admitted student (e.g. GPA, ACT/SAT scores)?
- Which extracurricular activities are considered when making admissions decisions? How heavily are they weighed?
- Are letters of recommendation required?
- Do you require an essay?
- Do you require an interview? Audition? Portfolio? If yes, when/where will it take place?
- May I contact you if I have any more questions? What is the best way for me to contact you – via telephone? Via email?
- What type of support do you offer Students with Disabilities? Veterans? Active Military?
- What percent of applicants are accepted to the university?
- Do I have to declare a major when I apply?
- Is there someone at your school who will help me find an internship?
- Does your college offer any special programs like independent study or study abroad?
- What support services are offered to students (e.g. tutoring, career counseling, study skills workshops)?
- Does your college provide preparation for licensing exams? If yes, is it provided free of charge?
- Do you offer evening classes?
- Do you offer online classes?
- Will all of my community college credits transfer – with a degree? Without a degree?
- What is the maximum number of credits that can be transferred?
- How many more credits will I need to complete in order to receive my Bachelor’s Degree at your institution?
- Are there any specific requirements for certain programs at your college?
- Are certain majors more competitive to gain admission to than others?
- Do you offer payment plans?
- What type of scholarship opportunities are available?
- Do you offer scholarships to members of Phi Theta Kappa?
- Are there separate deadlines for admission and scholarship applications?
- Do I need to complete a FAFSA application in order to apply for academic scholarships?
- What opportunities are there for on-campus employment?
- Are college athletes required to live on campus? If so, is housing provided?
- What GPA must be maintained in order to remain active?
- Will I have a specified adviser familiar with the scheduling issues of an athlete?
- Will I be required to sit out a year if I transfer to your college?
- What types of extracurricular activities are offered on campus?
- Are there fraternities? Sororities? Clubs?
- What type of food services are available to students - Kosher? Halal? Vegetarian?
- Is there job placement assistance for graduates?
- What is the college doing to cultivate a safe campus?
- Are there police stationed on campus, or does the university rely on its own security team?
- How does the university communicate with students in an emergency?
- Is housing available/mandatory for transfer students?
- Are students required to live on campus?
- What housing and meal plans are offered?
- Are students allowed to have cars on campus?
- Is parking available on campus?
- When should students apply for parking?