Back to the homepage of Azita Mayeli
(upcoming) I am an invited speaker at: 5th International Conference on Computational Harmonic Analysis, May 19-23, 2014, Vanderbilt University
- (upcoming) 2014 Spring Eastern Sectional Meeting, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD, March 29-30, 2014 (Saturday - Sunday)
- (upcoming) Finite frames and their applications in signal transmission, City University of New York, Queensborough, March 12, 2014
- An introduction to finite frame theory and its application in signal transmission, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, Feb. 7, 2014
- (Invited speaker) LP decomposition of abstract Besov norms in terms of band-limited functions Applied Analysis Seminar talk, Yale University, New Haven, CT, Jan. 23, 2014,
- (Invited speaker) Littlewood-Paley decomposition of abstract Besov spaces and applications,
Washington University, St. Louis, MO (Fall Central Sectional Meeting)- October 18-20, 2013 (Friday - Sunday)
- (colloquium talk) Study of bases for cyclic subspaces on the Heisenberg group, St. Louis Univesrity, Sept 5, 2013
- (Invited speaker) Bracket map for the Heisenberg group and the characterization of cyclic subspaces, Spring Western Sectional Meeting
University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO, April 13-14, 2013 (Saturday - Sunday), Meeting #1089
- (Invited speaker) The Rotation Groups and its Representations; Mathematical Physcis Graduate Seminar, April 15, 2013.
- (Invited speaker) Structure of Shift-Invariant Subspaces and their Bases for the Heisenberg Group, Texas A&M University, College Station, July 16 - 22.
- (Invited speaker) Wavelet frames and some of their applications in practice, Collequim talk at Queens College, CUNY, April 19, 2012
- (Invited speaker) Shift invariant subspaces for the Heisenberg group, Analysis of Wavelets, Frames and Fractals, Special seeion of the Spring Eastern AMS meeting, George Washington University, DC, March 18, 2012
- (invited speaker) An introduction to frames and wavelet frames - Math and Computer Science Collequim talk at City College, CUNY, March 6, 2012
- (Invited speaker) Structure of shift-invariant subspaces for the Heisenberg group, at AMS Session on Classical and Abstract Harmonic Analysis: Topological and Lie Groups, Boston, Massachusetts, Jan. 7, 2012.
- (invited speaker) Besov spaces on Carnot spaces: Yet another example of coorbit spaces, Shanks Conference and Lecture in Approximation Theory, at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, May 17-21, 2011.
- (with honorarium) Wavelets: A tool for studying Banach function spaces, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Jan. 27, 2011
- (Invited speaker) Homogeneous Besov spaces on the stratified Lie groups as generalized coorbit spaces, AMS Joint Meeting, New Orleans, Jan. 7, 2011
- (with honorarium)) In-homogeneous Besov spaces for abstract Hilbert spaces, A satellite workshop of AMS in Baton Rouge, State University of Louisiana, Jan. 5, 2011
- Wavelets on the Heisenberg group versus the real line, The City Tech Research Conference, CUNY, March 12, 2010.
- (Invited speaker) Multiresolution Shannon-type wavelet on the Heisenberg group, AMS Joint Meeting, San Francisco, Jan. 16, 2010
- (Invited speaker) Construction of a Shannon-type wavelet on the Heisenberg group, Workshop ``on Optimal Frames and Operator Algebras", San Francisco State University Jan 17-18, 2010, as a Satellite Workshop of the AMS National Conference in San Francisco Jan 13-16, 2010
- (Invited speaker with honorarium) Spin wavelets on the sphere and their characterization into frames, Illinois/MIssouri Applied Harmonic Analysis Seminar, St. Louis University, Nov. 14, 2009.
- (Invited speaker with honorarium) Heisenberg wavelet sets and their characterization, Texas A&M University, July 29, 2009.
- (Invited speaker with honorarium) Wavelet frame characterization of Besov spaces on stratified Lie groups, St. Louis University, May 28, 2009.
- (Invited speaker with honorarium) Shannon-type wavelet on the Heisenberg group, Washington University in St. Louis, May 26, 2009.
- (Invited speaker with honorarium) Wavelet frames on stratified Lie groups and their applications, Oregon, The University of Oregon, March 31, 2009.
- (with honorarium) Spectral theory approach to wavelet theory on Lie groups, Texas A\&M University, Jul.23, 2008.
- Well-localized wavelets on compact manifolds, Strobl, Austria, Jul.9, 2008.
- Schwartz frames on the sphere, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Jun.4, 2008
- (invited speaker) Mexican hat needlets and the uncorrelated coefficients, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy, Mar.17, 2008.
- (with honorarium) Introduction to Wavelets on the Sphere, University of Waterloo, Feb 15, 2008.
- Besov Spaces and frames on stratified Lie groups, Inzell, Germany, Sep.17-21, 2007.
- (Poster presentation) Nearly tight wavelet frames for stratified Lie groups, Strobl, Austria, Jun.18-22, 2007
- (with honorarium) An introduction to the Schwartz frames on the stratified Lie groups, Rafsanjan, Iran, Mar.7-9, 2007
- (Invited speaker) Approximation through the Schwartz wavelets with arbitrary many vanishing moments, University of Erlangen, 47th Workshop in Approximation Theory, Nuernberg, Gremany, Feb.02, 2007
- Discrete and continuous mexican hat wavelet on the Heisenberg group, ICM, Madrid, Aug.23-30, 2006
- Constructing and implementing wavelets on the torus, HASSIP Workshop 06, GSF-IBB, Neuherberg Munich, Germany, Sep.11-14, 2006
- (poster presentation) Mexican hat wavelet on the Heisenberg group, Workshop on Wavelets and Applications Semester, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, Jul.10-14, 2006
- Some continuous and discrete wavelet theory for the Heisenberg group and other stratified Lie groups, Workshop on Recent Progress in Wavelet Analysis and Frame Theory, Bremen, Germany, Jan.23-26, 2006
- Some wavelet theory for stratified Lie groups through the solution of heat equation, Int. Conf. in Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations, Kiel, Germany, Jun 2005
- (with honorarium) An introduction to continuous and discrete wavelets on the Heisenberg group, Stony Brook University, New York, Feb.22, 2005
- Shannon multiresolution analysis on the Heisenberg group, TUM, Technische Universitaet Muenche, Germany, Jun 2003
Presenstations for Students
- An introduction to finite frame theory and its application in signal transmission, the Graduate Center, CUNY, Feb. 7, 2014,
updated February 2014