What is CUNYfirst?
CUNYfirst (Fully Integrated Resources & Service Tool) is the name of CUNY's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project. It is an initiative to implement a single, unified ERP system on all of the CUNY campuses. CUNYfirst will play a key role in the transformation of the University and the promotion of an integrated CUNY. It is a suite of software that will replace aging computer systems overseeing Student Administration, Finance and Human Resources that have served CUNY for over a generation. The overall implementation of CUNYfirst will be conducted in multiple phases over the duration of approximately five years.
CUNYfirst represents a CHANGE PROCESS which will affect how business functions are experienced by faculty, students and staff.
Examples of functions which will change and look different on our computer screens are:
|Students & Faculty
||Faculty & Staff - Human Resources
- Financial Aid
- Records – Grades & Transcripts
- Personnel Records
|Business Services and Operations
- Data Collection
What to expect with CUNYfirst
- CUNYfirst is a Queensborough student going on-line to add a class. Within 24 hours, she receives a clear and comprehensible notification of any effects the changes she makes might have on her Financial Aid will affect how business functions are experienced by faculty, students and staff.
- CUNYfirst is an employee applying and being selected for a position at another CUNY school. When she arrives at her new job, her up-to-date employment profile is on file, and she receives her correct pay on time, with all changes noted.
- CUNYfirst is a Queensborough student registering for a class at another CUNY school with ease. With CUNYfirst, every student will have one identity across the entire CUNY system.
- CUNYfirst is an Accounting Assistant clicking onto an icon on his screen to order items. Electronic authorization for the order is completed in seconds. Likewise, receipt of the delivered goods and traceable inventory are immediate.