Program Vision and Mission
CUNY E.D.G.E envisions a world in which all people have access to educational opportunities and suppot they need to create academic sucess, maintain a substainable career and have a brighter future. The misson of the program ensures the vision CUNY E.D.G.E is able to become a reality for our students by
While government services are undoubtedly vital in helping students, navigating the maze of policies and mandates can present a formidable obstacle. To help overcome this challenge, CUNY Edge offers
- Assistance with filling out Human Resources Administration (HRA) paperwork*
- Assist with completing childcare paperwork
- Referrals to other valuable services (e.g., fair hearings, counseling, housing and shelter, child care services)
To become a participant of CUNY Edge, you must:
- Be a CUNY applicant or Queensborough student
- Receive Public Assistance (cash assistance)
*The CUNY Edge program is funded by and operated in collaboration with the Family Independence Administration of the City of New York Human Resources Administration (HRA). Services are available to anyone who is a current or former CUNY student or applicant, and who is either receiving public assistance cash benefits (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, Safety Net Single Assistance).
About CUNY E.D.G.E.
The CUNY E.D.G.E. staff is in partnership with the students to ensure personal success.
The CUNY E.D.G.E. office provides information and support services to QCC students. Though services are designated for public assistance recipients and the low-income students, it is not only limited to them. The CUNY E.D.G.E. office is open to all Queensborough students in need of services, offered in conjunction with HRA:
- Career Development
- Fair hearing referrals
- Housing and shelter referrals
- HRA Fellowship program
- Intersession tuition assistance
- Program incentives
- Referrals for various community resources
- Transitional benefits information
Please contact CUNY E.D.G.E. for more details on these services and referrals to other areas of assistance.