Professor K's list of chemistry resources
Programs, apps and plug-ins
- ACD ChemSketch (free chemistry structure drawing program- very versatile and great for lab reports!)
- Chemistry plug-in for Microsoft Word
- Periodic table or element questions? Check out the free Simple Periodic Table app at the Google Play store.
- Got an iPad instead? Check out the NOVA Elements iPad app (also available in an online edition).
- While a dedicated scientific calculator is required in most chemistry classes, the RealCalc Scientific Calculator app (Android) is great in a lot of other situations.
- The Royal Society of Chemistry has a free downloadable symbol font that can be helpful in writing lab reports. Note that you will have to save the font in a Word file if you are emailing the file, but you cannot embed it in a pdf.
- The AtomDroid app is powerful molecular modeling software (more powerful than a Silicon Graphics computer from the early 90s!).
Lab report/scientific writing help
Tutorials and reviews - while Professor Kolack is developing his, here are a few existing tutorials you may find useful
Interesting reading and just for fun
© 2013 Professor Kevin Kolack