Great things are happening right here at Queensborough! QCC is one of only six (6) community colleges throughout the country to be the recipient of a National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Challenge Grant of $500,000. This challenge has placed the Kupferberg Holocaust Resource Center and Archives (KHRCA) in a position of national leadership in incorporating the College’s humanities programs into powerful academic programs to enhance Holocaust education. Any restricted gift to the KHRCA /NEH Endowment is eligible to be matched by 50% through 2015!
Community colleges across the country are receiving national recognition for their role in helping the people of our communities survive and thrive in this economy.
This past year we welcomed back our 50th and 25th anniversary year Classes! Pictured below with some of our Alumni celebrating their anniversary is Queensborough's Vice President of Instituitional Advancement Ms. Rosemary Sullivan Zins and the President of the Alumni Association Mr. Michael S. Conigliaro, '92. The Alumni marched in the Commencement Processional to celebrate the Anniversary of their graduation on May 29, 2015. Once again, we will give three awards to Queensborough students in the Nursing department at each of the Candlelight ceremonies and awards to students in three additional departments selected by vote at the February QCCAA meeting. Become a member and be part of the decision! Come join us this year!
With a donation of $35 dollars or more you become a member of the QCC Alumni AssociationGive to QCC
The Queensborough Community College Alumni Association
The QCCAA is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that was formed by the Queensborough Alumni with the College to support and promote the interests and welfare of Queensborough Community College of The City University of New York
- With a donation of $35 dollars or more each year, you become a member of the QCC Alumni Association.
- New graduates are given a complimentary one year membership to the QCCAA.
- An application for membership in the QCCAA can be made online, by mail or in person at the Alumni Office
- The full membership of the Alumni Association elects its governing body, the Alumni Cabinet, on a bi-annual basis each June. Cabinet members subsequently elect the officers. Cabinet members and officers serve two (2)-year terms.
Benefits of Membership in the QCCAA include the Following:
Alumni networking opportunities and invitations to the Presidential Lecture Series, job fairs, lectures at the Art Gallery and in the Kupferberg Holocaust Resource Center, and invitations to special events.
- Discounts to Queensborough Performing Arts Center (QPAC), the QCC Bookstore and to Continuing Education classes.
- Invitation to world class exhibits in the Art Gallery.
- Use of the health club facilities; also access to the pool through a seperate membership.
- Access to the library, its research facilities and library computers.
- Discounted movie tickets and rentals, amusement parks, Broadway shows, special family and sports events through the Working Advantage ® Program - go to www.workingadvantage.com and register under the Queensborough Community College ID # (804163276).
Alumni Association President Michael S. Conigliaro, '92 presents the 2015 Alumni Association Scholarship Award. Standing in for the award recipients are Dr. Emily Tai and Dr. Paris Svoronos. This year's recipients Ms. Yi Jiang and Ms. Yueli Chen were away participating in NSF REU Internship programs at Vanderbilt University and Boise State University.
SGA President and Vietnam Era Veteran Traces his Journey to Queensborough
2015-2016 Queensborough Community College Alumni Association Cabinet Members
I graduated from Queensborough Community College's Nursing Program in January 2011. Read More
Future Alumni Spotlight
Volunteer Opportunities – Alumni can volunteer to help at events at the College. Some examples would be: lectures at the Holocaust Center, exhibits at the Art Gallery and for Showcase events through the Alumni Office.
Support Scholarships and Other Programs at QCC – The Queensborough Community College Fund, Inc. is the nonprofit organization established in 1975 to raise funds from private sources to advance the educational and cultural programs of Queensborough Community College. Gifts to the QCC Fund, Inc., bridge the gap between the actual cost of educating students and the funds provided by tuition, the state and the city.
Your contribution to the QCC Fund may be directed to:
- The Queensborouogh Community College Alumni Association
- Annual Fund – your gift goes where it is most needed
- Scholarships – those that already exist for a department or new endowed scholarships (Minimum donation for an endowed scholarship - $25,000)
- Faculty Research and Development
- The Kupferberg Holocaust Resource and Archives Center (KHRCA)
- The Art Gallery
- Partners for Progress Gala – QCC’s Annual Fundraiser
- The Queensborough Performing Arts Center (QPAC)