Academic Computing Center
The Academic Computing Center (ACC) is located in L-117 on the first floor of the Library Building. The ACC provides a wide array of academic technology; including a large student computing lab, podia, laptops, mobile devices, media services; several venues to host student, faculty and staff workshops; virtual servers for online courseware hosting of videos and academic websites; and technical consulting for Queensborough’s academic community.
Mission: The Academic Computing Center (ACC), including the department of Media Services, provides appropriate, innovative and timely technological solutions to facilitate student instruction, develops standards for academic technology deployment and supports the College’s special events, classroom and campus presentations.
1) Refreshes instructional technology to replace end of life equipment where needed in classrooms
2) Works with Finance and Administration to ensure the appropriate implementation of Student Technology fee funding.
3) Oversees its campus data center, maintaining and expanding its capacity to ensure it can adequately provide information services to students and all college constituencies.
4) Routinely replaces outdated A/V solutions to properly support campus events and presentations.
5) Manages and enhances its open computing lab facilities offering students industry standard and instructor-specified software applications, web access and printing.
The Center’s facilities consist of a 72 student computer lab (Windows and Mac OS) and two multimedia classrooms, namely L-117 and LB-24. In the computer lab, students will find faculty requested application programs that support their coursework. The multimedia classrooms support college workshops and provide venues for teachers to introduce their classes to various educational technologies. The ACC staff provide many services including individualized assistance to students and faculty, consulting for all academic technology related purchases, including hardware equipment and software specification, installation, repair, and related support.
The ACC oversees the operation of classroom and instructional presentation podiums throughout the campus. Specifically, our department installs, maintains and oversees the operation of over 135 fixed and mobile instructional presentation podiums. Each podium includes a built-in computer, Blu-ray or DVD.VHS player, projector, an integrated sound system and an interactive touch panel. Additionally, the ACC includes the department of Media Services which provides audio-visual equipment setup and support for a variety of presentations and technical assistance for a variety of campus events. Moreover, working with our Media Services team we provide technical support to all large auditorium and lecture hall spaces on campus.
For any assistance, please feel free to contact ACCSupport@qcc.cuny.edu.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday - Sunday
Lab Hours (L-117)
Monday - Thursday
8:45 AM - 8:45 PM
8:45 AM - 4:45 PM
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM