Research Foundation Hiring Procedures - New Hires
Research Foundation employee’s new hire package must be completed and sent to the Office of Grants/Sponsored Programs, Room H-336 at least one week before the proposed start date.
In order to expedite the processing of your new hire employee’s paperwork and payroll, have the following forms completed and signed:
To help make sure you do not lose track of what you need, you can print out a checklist.
Some of the RF's requirements have recently changed, please read the following carefully to avoid any delays.
I: Form I9 is now an online only process. Please contact OGSP and provide us with the employees name and email. They will receive an EMAIL invitation to complete section 1 of the form. Once completed the employee will make an appointment to come in and complete the process. Form I9 must still be done within 3 business days of start date. When they complete section 1, they will then make an appointment to come in with their documents to complete Section 2 and drop off the remainder of their completed paperwork. List of acceptable documents is available for download. They must be unexpired and originals. Photocopies are not acceptable.
II: The following forms should be completed by the employee with the PI/PD. Please make sure all documents are appropriately signed and dated.
- Personnel Action Form (PAF) - Revised 6/14/16
- Job Duties and Qualifications - Revised 6/3/15
- Personnel Data Form - Revised: 7/2/14
- Emergency Contact Form
- Application for Employment - Revised: 7/2/14
- Voluntary EEO Self Identification - Revised 6/3/15
- Consent to Request Consumer Report & Investigative Consumer Report Information or Combined Disclosure Notice and Authorization Regarding Background Consumer Reports & Summary of Rights Under FCRA – Parental Consent for Minors Only or For OUT OF (NY) STATE residents; State specific rights
- 2016 Federal W-4 Tax Form
- 2016 IT-2104 Withholding Allowance NYS or 2015 IT-2104 E Exemption from Withholding NYS
- Notification of Annual Leave Policy Form
- Annual Leave Scheduling Form Effective immedicately, the project director shall meet with the employee within 30 days of the employee's appointment or re-appointment start date to schedule the employee's annual leave during the appointment or re-appointment period. The use and scheduling of all annual leave must be approved in advanced in writing by the employee's project director.
- QCC HR Approval Letter - Should only be completed if a prospective RF employee is currently a Full-Time/Part-Time CUNY Faculty/Staff. Note that an additional Multiple Position Form will be required for Full-Time CUNY Faculty.
- Employee Wage Title Designator - This form must be generated on the Research Foundation website by the Principal Investigator on or before the start date of the employee. Both the PI and Employee will need to sign.
III: The completed package should be brought to the OGSP
IV: The package will be sent out for processing to the RF. This part can take up to a week depending on the RF's workload. The Grants office, the PI/PD and the employee will be notified when the employee has been entered. Unless it has been longer than 2 weeks, there is no need to follow up.
V: Once the employee has been created in the RF system, the PI/PD can create an epaf appointment.
VI: When the employee receives their welcome email, they can log in to set up their direct deposit if they wish and they can take the MANDATORY Unlawful Harassment Prevention training. A copy of their completion certificate should be sent to our office to have on file.