About College Discovery
The College Discovery (CD) Program has been a part of the City University of New York for 50 years, providing eligible students with the access to higher education and financial assistance to help them succeed in college.
This educational opportunity program provides:
- Personalized counseling- students are assigned a counselor to guide them through their college experience at Queensborough
- Academic supports – free tutoring in our own tutoring center, and staffed with skilled and well-trained tutors
- Financial assistance- offered in addition to state and federal financial aid awards.
- Advisement Services- Assistance is provided to help plan your academic future.
These services are offered to students who would otherwise be unable to attend college because of economic circumstances and educational background.
Through its support services the CD program offers students a clear path to a college degree and a meaningful higher education experience.
Over the years, The College Discovery Program at Queensborough Community College has graduated hundreds of students who have transferred to four-year colleges or gained employment with their Associate degree.
The College Discovery Program is a division of the Department of Student Affairs.
Mr. Michel Hodge
Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Dr. Brian Kerr
Associate Dean of Student Development
College Discovery Admitted Student Welcome
Welcome! The College Discovery Program invites newly admitted freshmen and their parents to attend an orientation and tour of the campus.
- Learn about the benefits of the College Discovery Program, the Enrollment Process, Financial Requirements, and Registration for Summer and Fall classes.
- Pick-up your Welcome Package.
- Submit your 2017-2018 College Discovery Supplemental Form, a copy of your parents’ 2015 tax returns, and any other required documents.
- Get your questions answered about the Program.
During your enrollment process, it is very important that you submit all required documents before the June 1 deadline date.
We look forward to meeting you.
5:00 p.m., Medical Arts Building, Room 136
• Wednesday June 21
• Wednesday July 5
• Wednesday July 19
DirectorMr. Winston Yarde
Phone: 718-631-6210 Arthurine F. Desola
Phone: 718-631-6210 Cynthia Puca
Tutorial StaffTutorial Center Coordinator