2014 Women’s Forum of New York Education Award
Applications for the 2014 Women’s Forum Education Award are now available. The purpose of the Women’s Forum Education Award is to encourage mature women to realize their own potential and to contribute significantly to their communities. Female students who are selected will receive an award of $10,000. Below are the eligibility requirements that each student must meet in order to be considered for the award:
- Must be a female student
- Be 35 years of age by December 1, 2013 (birth date no later than December 1, 1978)
- Reside in New York City
- Pursuing her FIRST Associate or Bachelor Degree, have earned at least 12 credits in good standing
- Have attended a college in New York City during the 2012-2013 academic year and be enrolled for at least 6 credits in the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Have at least 6 credits to complete graduation requirements after June 2014.
- If completing an Associate Degree, provide evidence of intention to continue to a Bachelor degree program.
- The awardee must complete her second semester within twelve months of receiving the award, i.e., by July 2015.
All students who meet the above-mentioned requirements must submit the following documents:
- An official college transcript (students may also be required to submit another transcript for the Spring 2014 semester)
- Completed application packet (see attached)
- Two (2) personal essays of no more than 500 words addressing the following topics:
- Personal history, challenges, obstacles (other than financial), that she has overcome while pursuing an education, and general academic record as an indication of noteworthy leadership promise
- Career goals and motivation. If appropriate, include any meaningful involvement, as well as any leadership experience, in community service, art, athletics, business, science, or other extracurricular activities.
- A brief financial statement describing their financial situation, how receiving this award will help, and how the applicant would wish to use the funds from the award.
- Letters of reference (either mailed directly or included in the application packet via a sealed envelope signed on the back by the endorser)
The deadline to submit the application and all supporting documents is Sunday, December 1, 2013 to the following address:
Women’s Forum Inc.
55 West 39th Street, Suite 12N
New York NY 10018
All eligible students are encouraged to apply