Academic Merit Scholarships for Freshmen
- Have a minimum high school academic average (college admissions average) of 82.
- File a Freshman Application for admission with the City University of New York (CUNY) and select a Queensborough program (major) of study for your first choice.
- Be prepared to enroll as a full-time student (at least 15 credits per semester).
- Be prepared to begin college-level work, as determined by SAT or ACT test scores, performance on the New York State Regents Exams and/or results of the CUNY/ACT Assessment Tests.
- Take the SAT and provide the scores and other supporting documents with your admission application to CUNY.
- No additional essays or application forms are required.
Note: The SAT is not required for admission to Queensborough but is required for consideration as a QCC merit scholar.
QCC Merit Scholarships may be renewed each semester over two years (or four semesters). Recipients must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher, and maintain full-time status (15 credits or more) in order to continue to receive the Scholarship.
Scholarship winners are required to serve for a period of one year as members of the President's Council, a student volunteer group.
With an Academic Merit Scholarship, students may be eligible to join the College's Honors Program – a unique and rewarding combination of challenging projects, linked classes, and faculty-student partnerships. Merit scholars may enroll in one honors class in their first semester at Queensborough, and continue in this dynamic program through graduation.