Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Students who are interested in applying for Federal Work-Study (FWS) for Fall 2019/Spring 2020 must complete a 2019-2020 FAFSA and indicate an interest in Work-Study.There are both on-campus and off-campus jobs available for eligible students.
Effective, January 1, 2019 the on campus pay rate is $15.00 an hour. The off-campus pay rate varies depending on the job. You are paid only for hours worked in the job in which we place you, and you may not work beyond your award. Work-Study students may work up to 20 hours a week.
Eligible Students for Work Study (FWS)
- Must be a matriculated student in a degree program at Queensborough Community College, and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- Must be in good academic standing and making satisfactory progress toward a degree, based on guidelines for Federal Title IV aid
- Must not be in default of a Federal Perkins Loan or a Direct Loan
- Must not owe a refund of a Federal PELL Grant or Federal SEOG or other federal aid
- Must meet other eligibility requirements (e.g., citizenship, selective service, etc.)
**Only students who meet these criteria can make an appointment for Work-Study placement
**Please make sure that you "Accept" your award before you come in for placement
Work-Study Placement Appointments
The Federal Work-Study Program has placement appointments at the beginning of each semester. Eligible students will be contacted to schedule an appointment.
When you come in for placement, you must bring all required documents with you.
Employee’s Federal Withholding Form (W-4 Form)
Employee’s New York State Withholding Forms (complete one of the following)
The forms below will be provided at the placement appointment.
Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form) (Please review the checklist of acceptable identification to be submitted with the I-9. Documents must be up to date and not expired)
Labor Law FormOpens in a new window
Student Instructions for Work-Study
Work-Study Payroll Calendar 2019-2020
Work Study Payroll Calendar
|Payroll||Pay Period||Time Sheets||Pay|